• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IDEM / TSB Court Papers, illegible CCA, any guidance appreciated 🙏

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

We are due to file defence by 4pm this coming Monday. (Saturday Today)

Idem have not responded within the 7 days to the CPR 31.14 (received by them 27/09)

what do I do?

Do I have time on Monday to ask the court with N244 form on Monday to make them disclose or throw out the case?

Or instead do I submit an ‘embarrassed defence’

any guidance is appreciated,

kind regards

Brian

Comment

Hello everyone,
      We are due to file defence by 4pm this coming Monday. (Saturday Today)
      Idem have not responded within the 7 days to the CPR 31.14 (received by them 27/09)
      what do I do?
      Do I have time on Monday to ask the court with N244 form on Monday to make them disclose or throw out the case?
      Or instead do I submit an ‘embarrassed defence’
      any guidance is appreciated,
      kind regards
      Brian

Comment

embarrassed defence at this stage == look read threads and see how the court system works, nothing is straight forward Example Defence stating on such an such requested item - no response etc etc etc

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

Thanks Mike, will do this now and post Embarrased Defence when complete

kind regards

Comment

In the Northampton County Court Business Centre

Claim No:

Idem Capital Securities LTD

Claimant

And

Defendant

EMBARRASSED DEFENCE

1. The Defendant received the claim xxx from the Northampton County Court on 05th September 2019.
              2. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.
              3. This claim appears to be for a Credit Card Account agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
              4. It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into various agreements for with TSB / Lloyds TSB for provision of credit and other financial products.
              5. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable the Defendant to properly assess the position with regards to the claim.
              6. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim does not state when the agreement was entered into.
              7. The Claimants Particulars of Claim states that the account was assigned from TSB to Idem Securities on 19/08/16. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.
              8. It is denied that The Claimant nor TSB served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant. The Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4A) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by The Consumer Credit Enforcement Default and Termination Notice Regulations 1983.
              9. On the 26th October 2019 (received by claimant 27th October 2019) The Defendant sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Litigation Department, Idem Capital Securities Ltd. The Defendant requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice, Notice of Assignment and Formal Demand
              10. Litigation Department, Idem Capital Securities LTD has not to date acknowledged this request or sent any of these documents to the Defendant for inspection.
              11. On the ?? The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to [Claimant] pursuant to section [77 or 78] of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.
              12. The Claimant has failed to comply with [s77 (1) / s 78 (1)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of [s77 (4) / s 78 (6)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.
              13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.
              14. The Defendant respectfully requests the court order the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for The Defendant to fully plead his case else the Claim should stand struck out.
              15. In the event that all the relevant documents are received from the Claimant, the Defendant will then be in a position to amend this embarrassed defence and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.
              16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed ________________________________

Dated ________________________________

Comment

Any feedback appreciated please

As I’ve been working through all the paperwork I’ve found a letter from them acknowledging the CCA they provided is illegible and also have different date in writing from them to the date they have stated in POC for the debt purchase date.

Im definitely interested to inspect these documents now, what’s the betting they will turn up tomorrow am when defence should be in by 4pm?!

Kind regards

Brian

Comment

​​​​​​​Amethyst

Comment

Hello everyone,

the 31.14 request remains unanswered in any form, I have submitted a defence and now has been allocated to small claims track.

Am I right in thinking that now they do not have to respond to the 31.14 due to this allocation?

We have been offered mediation however it states that I need to have enough information to enter into negotiations, which I do not having not had the ability to inspect the documents in their POC.

I understand I cannot do an ‘unless’ order now the claim has been allocated to SCT.

is it worth calling / contacting claimant to ask again for this information?

I dont seem seem to have a court date, just a date to return SCDQ to court and claimant. I’ve read that all parties must disclose all they intend to rely upon 14 days before the hearing.

Any input on how best to move forward please?

Kindest regards

Brian

Comment

Hello everyone,

I understand that you all volunteer your time and for your help so far I’m extremely grateful

If anyone has feedback or input on how to move forward, I’d be continually grateful.

MIKE770 Amethyst

kindest regards

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian785 View Post
                        In the Northampton County Court Business Centre

Claim No:

Idem Capital Securities LTD

Claimant

And

Defendant

EMBARRASSED DEFENCE

1. The Defendant received the claim xxx from the Northampton County Court on 05th September 2019.
                        2. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.
                        3. This claim appears to be for a Credit Card Account agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
                        4. It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into various agreements for with TSB / Lloyds TSB for provision of credit and other financial products.
                        5. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable the Defendant to properly assess the position with regards to the claim.
                        6. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim does not state when the agreement was entered into.
                        7. The Claimants Particulars of Claim states that the account was assigned from TSB to Idem Securities on 19/08/16. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.
                        8. It is denied that The Claimant nor TSB served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant. The Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4A) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by The Consumer Credit Enforcement Default and Termination Notice Regulations 1983.
                        9. On the 26th October 2019 (received by claimant 27th October 2019) The Defendant sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Litigation Department, Idem Capital Securities Ltd. The Defendant requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice, Notice of Assignment and Formal Demand
                        10. Litigation Department, Idem Capital Securities LTD has not to date acknowledged this request or sent any of these documents to the Defendant for inspection.
                        11. On the ?? The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to [Claimant] pursuant to section [77 or 78] of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.
                        12. The Claimant has failed to comply with [s77 (1) / s 78 (1)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of [s77 (4) / s 78 (6)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.
                        13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.
                        14. The Defendant respectfully requests the court order the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for The Defendant to fully plead his case else the Claim should stand struck out.
                        15. In the event that all the relevant documents are received from the Claimant, the Defendant will then be in a position to amend this embarrassed defence and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.
                        16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed ________________________________

Dated ________________________________
                        Just to not that the dates in bold are in teh future i suspect the year should be 2018 not 2019.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X