• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton county court/ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northampton county court/ccj

Now then can any one help me out here. I've had several letter of late demanding money for basically parking over a white line taking 2 car park spaces up.today received 2 letters one from vcsl and Northampton county court stating I have to pay 185 within 7 days.i read a lot on here and should do what you tell everyone but I'm really not sure if it real or scam???how do I know if this is a scam.can they just give me a ccj just like that as that's what it states in the letter ? Bit of help plz
    Tags: None

So you ignored a claim letter from Northampton court? If you did the yes it's real. Post up the documents you've received so that a definitive answer can be given

Comment

Ok thanks I'll do it when I get home.

Comment

Here's the letters I've received. I have to post them separately .are you sure if there real as i know these firms have these courts papers themselfs just to scare the likes of us.
        Attached Files

Comment

So your other thread has the form of judgement from the court payable forthwith, that is IMMEDIATELY.

Why on earth made you ignore letters from a court? As you've discovered they don't go away.

Comment

There's that many scammers around and most papers sent don't look real and from what I see on here most have had the same and were told to ignore them.so I did

Comment

You were probably told to ignore letters from parking companies (bad advice) but not court papers!

Comment

To be honest I've never had court papers before and looking them up they came up as fake ones so I just assumed someone was pulling the wool over my eyes.are they definitely gen and am I right in thinking I should ring them.i haven't spoke to non of them regarding this.it stinks as I've not really done anything wrong apart from park wrongly which was due to the other car making park in the next bay.why should I be penalised for someone else's crap parking

Comment

The wrong you did was ignoring the court and it has come back to bite you.

Who are you going to call? Calling the court is pointless, you can call VCS to make arrangements to pay.

if you had not ignored then you might have been successful in fighting this off or if not you could probably.have reduced the amount you had to pay because of the "extras" that VCS added to the claim

Comment

I've just been looking at other treads from beagles regarding Northampton court papers and there the same as mine so what make you think mine's real ?? Who's actually to say I wasn't the driver then nd then so how can a court issue this me ccj without not knowing facts, just because I own the car doesn't mean anything.would you pay that.would you pay if you had to park in that last spot as that was all that was left ?? I honestly feel someone's taking the piss,maybe they send people out to do this to make money out of us.and let's face this shit happens.

Comment

Wether you were the driver, keeper, owner or merely uncle Tom Cobley you ignored the court and hence lost by default.

Even if you weren't the driver at the time the law, if followed correctly, allows a claim against the keeper. VCS frequently don't get this right and therefore lose in court but only if challenged. The court knew the facts from VCS, you didn't challenge, you lost.

There was nothing to stop you calling the court to check the validity of the forms you've received.

Welcome to the world of private parking

Comment

You could challenge the CCJ but that will cost you more than £185.

Time to pay up in full or make arrangements to pay.

Comment

There are no real grounds to challenge the CCJ, the court papers were ignored, and it's £255.

Pay within a month and there will be no entry on your credit record.

Comment

I sorted it out.should have just done it in the first place. cheers for your comments and hopefully won't need you again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X