• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgement for Claimant (in default)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgement for Claimant (in default)

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES

Issue Date: 21-JUN-2019

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: NO

Total Amount Claimed : £10,200.00

Claimant’s Name: ARROW GLOBAL GUERNSEY LIMITED

Solicitors Firm: DRYDEN LIMITED

Original Creditor: MBNA

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : CREDIT CARD

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ): YOU HAVE NOT REPLIED TO THE CLAIM FORM. IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED THAT YOU MUST PAY THE CLAIMANT £XXXX.XX FOR DEBT [AND INTEREST TO DATE OF JUDGEMENT] AND £XXX.XX FOR COSTS [LESS £X WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID]
    YOU MUST PAY THE CLAIMANT A TOTAL OF £XX,XXX.XX FORTHWITH

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): NOT SB (see below)

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): NONE

Any Other Information or Background Details: This original debt occured in 2010 following 2 x redundancies in 12 months and a period of 10 months unemployment. I spoke to my creditors and had the interest stopped and agreed to pay them a nominal £X.XX per month which has continued until last month. Due to this intervention from drydenfairfax, I have stopped this payment.

I found permanent employment in 2011 and continue to work despite a further redundancy in the meantime!

I did not respond to the original letter from drydenfairfax as it seemed very amateurish with poor quality printing/photocopying.

Now I have received this Judgement for Claimant (in default) and would appreciate some guidance and advice about action I should now take.

Regards,

robbit_2003
    Tags: None

There nothing really that you can do as you appear to have ignored letters from the court.

The amateurish letter was probably the claim form from the court.

Comment

Presumably this is a default judgment issued 21st June?
      You appear to have leapt from an unspecified 'intervention by DF' to the CCJ.
      What occurred during the interim? (letters? Notice of assignment?, letter before action/county court claim?, pre-action protocol? etc)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I had a letter before action (I think) but I work away from home most of the time and did not respond. To be honest I thought it was just a threat as the debt is old and I have been making regular payments to Global Credit. However, I have just returned to this default judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by robbit_2003 View Post
          I had a letter before action (I think) but I work away from home most of the time and did not respond. To be honest I thought it was just a threat as the debt is old and I have been making regular payments to Global Credit. However, I have just returned to this default judgement.
          Did you receive a court claim?
          If so, was it via Money Claim Online? (Ie via Northampton County Court Business Centre.)
          Last edited by charitynjw; 30th June 2019, 14:11:PM.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I did received a N1SDTClaim Form (04.14), a N9SDT Response pack (04.14), N9A (SDT) Form of admission (specified amount)(04.14) and N9B (SDT) Defence and Counterclaim (specified amount)(04.14).
            These were quite bad laser copies (the court crest was not clear) and the court stamp was a photocopy not ink but I presume these were legit because the CCJ is alreadyon my credit file.

Comment

.............. but I presume these were legit because the CCJ is alreadyon my credit file.
              It would seem so.
              Imho, I think you've probably blown it now as regards a set-aside.
              The claim form seems to have been served in accordance with CPR (despite possible jurisdiction issues, which are now probably waived.)
              But I'll give others a nudge for further comment/views.

Amethyst

pt2537

jaguarsuk

R0b
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I did received a N1SDTClaim Form (04.14), a N9SDT Response pack (04.14), N9A (SDT) Form of admission (specified amount)(04.14) and N9B (SDT) Defence and Counterclaim (specified amount)(04.14).
                These were quite bad laser copies (the court crest was not clear) and the court stamp was a photocopy not ink but I presume these were legit because the CCJ is alreadyon my credit file.
                I've said this a few times on the forum that it amazes me people think that the court papers weren't legitimate simply because of the quality of the paper or printing that they receive. Anything that has a reference to a court claim should be taken seriously and even if you didn't think it was legitimate, you should have carried out your own due diligence - had you done so, you would have realised that these papers were in fact legitimate.

It may be possible to set aside if you can convince the court that there is some other good reason why they should do so but since the claim is not statute barred and you received the papers but ignored them, it's probably going to take some convincing.

Nothing you've said screams out other than the usual things such as the validity of the assignment and whether Arrow has a right to bring the claim in their own name. Not sure that would be convincing enough but that's a risk you'd have to take if you wanted it set aside. Maybe Arrow has exercised their rights unfairly and you could have some argument over that but I don't think there's sufficient information given by you to prove that.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X