• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

28 plus 5 no response from claimant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 plus 5 no response from claimant

Hi I just wanted some advice on the timelines please and what I can do next
    Had a claim from BW legal, acknowledged claim on the 23rd April 2019, submitted defence on the 3 May 2019 MCOL
    Had a letter from BW legal on the 24th of May saying they were going to pursue the claim since then I've had nothing I heard nothing from the court and nothing from them.

​​​​​​Rang the court 4th of June was advised to ring back on Thursday 6 June they would send me out the forms to have the claim stayed.
    Rang the court on Thursday 6 June was told by someone different the paperwork could still be in the system and waiting to be scanned.

How long do I wait and have this hanging over my head before I can get something done about it?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this stage, the court system can be over whelmed with paperwork, what you are finding is the norm from many a claimants, if they have not responded to the court time table the case will automatically be stayed until the claimant pays to un-stay the case, it will not go away, the court system rules over any claimant, & procedure is there, The court staff as you have found out can give incorrect information.... suggest you look through other threads on here and see what happens in case procedure, and each case can be different, no one answer fits all. also give more information so that peeps can get an idea what the case is all about,

Comment

it's just a parking fine from Britannia, dating back to July 2016 heard nothing from them for 29 months then suddenly had a letter saying that I hadnt paid to park I requested information from them, when they sent it out they sent the wrong information, then eventually they sent me a claim form and I've complied with all the time tables with money claim online and it seems strange to me that it's a few weeks away from 3 years and they can have a claim now sitting there waiting to be opened anytime for the next foreseeable future.
      ​​​​​

Comment

await peeps who know that area to come on here

Comment

ostell

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X