• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell -Energy supplier claim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mediation the court expect both sides to possible mediation, do you have strict proof statute barred??? sure somebody will advise soon, i,e, mediator read threads on mediation and get an idea what it is all about, Lowells will not have your phone number only the person in the middle of the 2 phones

Comment

Hi Mike770,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have strict proof it is statute barred, I'm not sure how I could get that. I'm relying on the fact that 6 years have elapsed since I lived at that address and I haven't been in contact with the energy supplier as I was not aware there was a problem.

I thought Lowells would need to prove that it wasn't statute barred by producing some evidence to that effect.

Hopefully someone here can advise me on this.

Harmonious

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter have you sent the DSAR to the utility company (no cost)??

1. The Agreement

If it were me I'd also be asking for all terms & conditions relevant to the agreement as well.
        Other than that, imho good to go. did you ask for this in the CPR request as advised earlier>>?

Comment

mediation will ask if you have all the necessary documents to defend the case - if NOT you would state No, they will then state mediation cannot take place and send case back to the court for next stage, lowells will have to supply their evidence at a later stage

Comment

@charitynjw charitynjw
            VIP Membe

Comment

Hi Mike770,

Thnks for your responses.

I haven't sent a DSAR to the utility company yet, I'll do that today.

The CPR I sent Lowells asked for

1. The Agreement
              2. All terms and conditions relevant to the agreement.
              3. A detailed breakdown of the alleged liability remaining outstanding for payment
              4. Notice of Assignment

They replied with a letter stating:

The [Assignor] account was opened on day/month/year. The account was a service agreement and not an agreement for credit. It was therefore not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. There is therefore no obligation to provide a copy of the agreement and the Assignor has confirmed that this is no longer available.
              A copy of your final bill is enclosed which evidences the assigned balance of £850.00.

Also enclosed was an estimated bill dated after I moved from the property and a copy of a letter from Lowells claiming the account had been assigned to them.

Harmonious

Comment

Hi All,

Sent off the DQ response to the court by first class post on Tuesday as the deadline was today.
                I've just checked the moneyclaimonline website and it doesn't appear as filed in the 'claim history' section.

Should I be concerned by this? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for reading.

Harmonious

Comment

You could phone the court.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi CharityNJW,

Thanks for your reply.
                    I rang the court, apparently they were a few days behind in processing their mail.
                    The fact that I filed a DQ is now appearing on moneyclaim online.

I did notice in the copy of Lowells DQ that they had put 0 int the number of witnesses question.
                    Does this mean they won't be represented if it does go to court?

Thanks for reading.

Harmonious

Comment

Hi,

i was just wondering if you have an update with proceedings as i am in a very similar situation with Lowell to do with an old EDF debt from when we changed supplier. I have just receievd a letter from lowell saying they have agreed to mediation but i can contact them to make an offer of payment. I just wondered how you had got on?

thanks

Comment

Nowadays, energy is becoming cheaper and cheaper, because every day there are more and more methods for generating energy. But in some places it is still not possible to get energy. What to do if you went with friends to a forest for a picnic and you need to urgently charge the phone, but there is no powerbank at hand. Personally, in such cases I use portable power station
                        I can take it with me wherever I want and it can satisfy my energy needs.

Comment

lowells are hoping you cave in, they have to agree mediation or get sanctioned if they continue to court a later date, it is a game who holds out the longest so do not panic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X