• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NCP have issued a claim against me for an unpaid parking contravention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, just the once. There was the section on the back of the original notice. There was no contact number or email on any correspondence they sent me

Comment

I think your statement that this is what you did should suffice. Remember that if the worst comes to the worst and they look like winning then the maximum that they cab claim is the amount on the original PCN (+ nominal court costs) so make that clear. They cannot identify the driver and it cannot be assumed that it was you, indeed your hire documents show that it was not.

You haven't posted the original PCN yet. Can you do that. There may be other avenues.

Comment

There's the PCN and a note of the costs they are claiming
        Attached Files

Comment

They are stating that the sum due was £60 and therefore the maximum they can claim from the keeper is that amount, + the £25 court fee + £50 max solicitors costs, if that has actually been spent.

however POFA states: "keeper” means the person by whom the vehicle is kept at the time the vehicle was parked, which in the case of a registered vehicle is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to be the registered keeper". You can prove the contrary with those hire documents. You were not the keeper at the time and therefore you have no liability, the person you named was the keeper at the time and is therefore liable, not you, and they are claiming from the wrong defendant.

You will need to argue this in court so write out a list of the points you need to make so that you don't forget anything and take in 3 copies of POFA with you with relevant items highlighted. Here's POFA
          Last edited by ostell; 3rd February 2019, 18:40:PM.

Comment

Thank you - have printed those off - they seem to be claiming £75 in court costs which is incorrect, as well as an extra £60 from the original PCN, as set out in their terms and conditions.

Comment

Actually - it is £25 court costs plus £50 solicitor fees. Apologies

Comment

Hi
                same thing I’m facing . I rent my car thru hiya car received a lot of pcn while I’m in holiday . Few of them was with debt collectors , unfortunately Hiyacar accepted only pay reduced amount of pcn . Rest I paid from my pocket, it’s annoying .

Now , there is one more pcn they only paid reduced amount and send me a text for copy paste to pcn place for reducing amount , pcn place (council ) send the pcn to actual driver .

hiya car is contacting me driver only liability to pay reduced amount and I have to pay this .
                im annoyed , pissed off .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X