• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset collections & investigations - Lending Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset collections & investigations - Lending Stream

Good Afternoon

A few years ago I took out a payday with lending stream (I've tried the irresponsible lending complaint to no avail). I'd moved house a few times and I eventually found an email from AS&I with a copy of the claim form on in my junk folder. They had my new address but it wasn't the 'primary' one so nothing was sent to me here. However, they did send me a copy of the claim form after I've contacted them. The amount including court fees etc... is £680 and I sent them an email and clearly put 'without prejudice' and offered £400 to make it all go away and avoid a CCJ. They declined the offer and said they can't stop court proceedings unless I pay £600 - I figured for £80 I would wait it out and see what happens. I've saved the £680 so I can make the payment if the court rules against me and avoid the CCJ.

However, I've received a letter from the court saying 'IT IS ORDERED THAT -Upon non-compliance with the Order dated XXXXXX 2018 in that the hearing fee has not been paid. The claim is struck out and the hearing is vacated.' I understand that they can appeal this and get it back on track but I believe this will be costly for them?

My question is about the next course of action - Should I offer to pay £400 again in the hope they'll take it to avoid any further costs, or should I wait and hope they don't appeal? (The loan isn't statute barred for a few years).
    Tags: None

Dont do anything. Just leave it alone.

Yes, they can possibly relaunch action but it will not cost you more money in any event.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X