• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this dept still legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this dept still legal

Hello everyone and good morning, I'm looking for some advice to see if this dept is still legal. Thanks in advance for any help

A dept recovery company passed my dept to another one of there companies but the company that I'm now paying is dormant and has been since it opened 14 years ago. There accounts show since they first started they have only ever had £100 in there accounts.
    I was wondering if I am still liable for the dept as if they are not trading as a active company how can they pass the dept on and also i found online the same dormant company has been sending out dept letters to another person a few years ago while still dormant. On the letter they sent me when the dept was passed on it was headed with the dormant company details but payable to the active company but when I phoned them to arrange payments the bank details they gave me was for the dormant company. And they made me set up a standing order. "Jes enforcement ltd" is the dormant company.

Thanks for any help much appreciated
    Tags: None

I think some more details are needed. Who is this dormant company. Does companies house say it is dormant and how do you know it has always been dormant? I know this sounds confrontational but it is not supposed to be. Just some clarification. Generally theoretical questions are difficult to answer

Comment

Company status is "active"
      Nature of business: "99999 dormant company"

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05474470

Comment

Matty B the company in question is "jes enforcement ltd" I checked on company house and since they started the company every year they filed accounts for dormant company. I just looked through there records more and noticed that the company I originally owed the money to is 100% shareholder. Would this make a difference ?
        there name is "credit g ltd"
        thanks

Comment

A debt is statatory barred, meaning its unenforceable, so long as there has been no money changing hands for 6yrs.
          there is also strict laws about the transfer of a debt
          what notices did you receive?

Comment

If you make a payment after this time, it restarts the clock

Comment

"On the letter they sent me when the debt was passed on" what date was this? Can you say something about the debt, did you ever make a payment to it, if you did, what was the date of the last p[ayment?-

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X