• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim filed by Lowell Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
    How much is the debt for?
    2,800 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Send them a CCA ss77-79 request?

(MFS Portfolio Limited v Phelan & West - –Appeal)
      I did send CCA request they replied stating it doesn't apply because it's bank overdraft debt

Comment

The FCA is also banning the inclusion of an overdraft amount when calculating a consumer’s “available funds”, “balance”, “available balance” or similar to ensure that the consumer understands that an overdraft is a line of credit rather than forming part of the consumer’s own money.
        https://www.charlesrussellspeechlys....=View-Original
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
          Do a subject acess request directly to Halifax this is now statute barred so they cannot ask you to pay the amount, have you paid anything to them?

it was statute barred Feb 2019, but Lowell raised court claim before said date (Feb 2019) i.e. about October 2018. Is it still statute barred??

Comment

Send them a CCA ss77-79 request?

(MFS Portfolio Limited v Phelan & West - –Appeal)

charitynjw I think the fact that they didn't comply with my earlier request may eventually work in my favour if this matter goes to court.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndurennai View Post

it was statute barred Feb 2019, but Lowell raised court claim before said date (Feb 2019) i.e. about October 2018. Is it still statute barred??
              If the court claim is issued before the Limitation cut-off (ie date when SB kicks in), the SB clock 'freezes' until such time as when the case is either decided or withdrawn.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If the court claim is issued before the Limitation cut-off (ie date when SB kicks in), the SB clock 'freezes' until such time as when the case is either decided or withdrawn.
                thanks charitynjw:
                claimant obviously checked SB date before taking actions.
                However, the fact they refused to comply with:
                --CCA 1974 request
                --CPR 31:14 request(sent to her solicitors)
                -- and they made up details they sent to CRA,
                --they didn't send me default notice and termination notice upon request will work against them in court.

Comment

My other question?:
                  in reply to my CCA request and request for copy of default notice and termination notice, the claimant stated that because it's a personal current account overdraft debt that Default notice will not be requested from the original creditor, is that correct???

Comment

My other question?:
                    in reply to my CCA request and request for copy of default notice and termination notice, the claimant stated that because it's a personal current account overdraft debt that Default notice will not be requested from the original creditor, is that correct???
                    CONC 6.3.1 R 01/04/2014 RP
                    This section applies:
                    1. (1) to a firm with respect to consumer credit lending; and
                    2. (2) where a firm has entered into a current account agreement where:
                      1. (a) there is a possibility that the account-holder may be allowed to overdraw on the current account without a pre-arranged overdraft or exceed a pre-arranged overdraft limit; and
                      2. (b) if the account-holder did so, this would be a regulated credit agreement.

CONC 6.3.2 R 01/04/2014 RP
                    CONC 6.3.3 R does not apply where the overdraft or excess would be secured on land.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand.../?view=chapter
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

excellent.. many thanks Charitynjw

Lowell & HBOS obviously not playing according to the rule.....whether on purpose or due to ignorance

Comment

the registered default on my credit file via callcredit but have refused to provide me with default notice... maybe I will counterclaim on this bases

Comment

the registered default on my credit file via callcredit but have refused to provide me with default notice... maybe I will counterclaim on this bases
                          What would you be counter-claiming for (cause of action.)?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

got that wrong, pls ignore. If I need to sue Lowell it maybe with respect to wrong data logged with credit rec agencies

Comment

jaguarsuk and charitynjw and other VIP members please please could you help by giving me your thoughts or points I should include in my witness statement as I'm preparing for hearing.

Claimant did respond to any formal request for CCA, CPR, etc and account they bought from OC is disputed account and the matter is already on the table of FOS. Many thanks in advance for your help or suggestion.

Comment

..........the matter is already on the table of FOS
                                Is the court aware of this?
                                What exactly is the FOS looking at?
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X