• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOST a bit! Some help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOST a bit! Some help please!

I have recently filed our claim for Personal Injury few days before time limitation. I had to do as a Litigant in Person because of being badly let down by the solicitor who was supposed to be managing it. I am doing it by looking at a couple of books and searching on Internet but these are not enough for everything. It is a large enough claim, I sent the N1 form to CNBC with the Particulars of Claim to follow. I am writing this now as best as I can. I have a few questions and more are generating as I go along! Could I ask some here?

1 Can I use first person singular rather than using third person? I am inclined to write in third person but I don’t want to give an impression other than what I am or look sarcastic. As LiP there will bound to be shortfalls later and I have no desire to look as or be someone other than what I am.
    2 As font: would Calibri 12pt with double spacing be ok or Times New Roman be better?

FOR CONTENT
    Any advice is really welcomed. It is a large, slightly complicated one. Complication is because there is another claim against the employer in Employment Tribunal Employer is the local council. So it is much a question of being careful to avoid overlaps. The case in Tribunal is for Injury to Personal Peelings because of detriments suffered as result of protected disclosures whereas the claim in County Court is for Personal Injury. She (my wife) was made ill with their negligence. It is her claim I am helping, doing on her behalf.

I have been learning as I go along for the last three years (in the Tribunal), managed to survive it but there are millions more to do!

So any advice, opinions, points to look at will be invaluable!

Thank you!
    Tags: None

Q1. Either is acceptable, but be consistent.

Q2. Both these fonts are acceptable. You should be finding something important to worry about.

I am sorry to read that your Personal Peelings have been injured. I wish them a full recovery.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

atticus you do make me laugh

1. Yes you can but you should use first person really because you are claiming as yourself
      2. absolutely nobody cares what font it is in so long as it is readable, just use numbered paragraphs and you'll be fine.

when you say you are claiming on her behalf is she a protected party?

Comment

The contributions of JK2054 to this forum always reminds me of Oscar Wilde’s quote "“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."“ -The Happy Prince and Other Stories

Comment

If you decide to write first person singular, make sure you start your poc with " I, Joe Blogs, the Claimant"
          The Statement of Truth does start with "I"

There is an example of an injury/negligence poc at lawteacher.net
          Last edited by Pezza54; 17th September 2024, 09:35:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
            The contributions of JK2054 to this forum always reminds me of Oscar Wilde’s quote "“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."“ -The Happy Prince and Other Stories
            Alright mate but I know every word that I say.
            If OP has claimed on someones behalf they need to be a protected party otherwise its going to be int eh wrong name...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X