• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Filling in N16A to gain access under the ANLA1992

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling in N16A to gain access under the ANLA1992

We need to make an application to the Court un the ANLA 1992 in order to paint the barge board on our property. It will take less than a day but requires access into our neighbours front garden. We have looked at the form and it doesn't make a lot of sense and I believe that if we fill it in wrongly it will get thrown out and we will lose our money. Can anyone help? Thanks
    Tags: None

have you tried just asking your neighbour?

Getting an injunction to paint something is unlikely to be approved if im being honest

Comment

Originally posted by JK2054 View Post
      have you tried just asking your neighbour?

Getting an injunction to paint something is unlikely to be approved if im being honest
      Hi thanks for your reply. Of course we have asked. If the barge board isn't painted before the winter (its down to the wood) then we will need it replacing. So when the court considers if it is "essential for preserving the property and not possible to be carried out without the access" are you saying the Court would think that painting a barge board that is now down to the bare wood would not be considered essential? And if that is correct would the Court say we would need to wait until it needs replacing and has impacted the roof timbers? It's crazy I know, it will cost a few hundred to paint the barge board much more to replace but it seems the most expensive part of maintaining our property will be getting access. Thanks
      Last edited by Drayal; 9th September 2024, 22:46:PM.

Comment

My understanding is that the correct form is N244 not form 161A.

I suggest you contact your local county court to seek advice on which form to use.

if I was in your shoes I would write a letter before action to your neighbor advising that unless he permits access your intention to make the application and advising that if the application is granted you will be seeking your costs against him.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
          My understanding is that the correct form is N244 not form 161A.

I suggest you contact your local county court to seek advice on which form to use.

if I was in your shoes I would write a letter before action to your neighbor advising that unless he permits access your intention to make the application and advising that if the application is granted you will be seeking your costs against him.
          Hi thanks for our reply. We have done everything we can to sort this before resorting to applying to the Court. So thanks for your advice re contacting the Court we will give it a go as everyone seems to think we use a different form We have so far been told by different people that we need N244 / N208 N16A . All very confusing.

Comment

bit of a stretch of my experience here, it wouldn't be N244 because you don't have an actual case and I dont think you can use that form unless you do

Part 8 sounds right because you want an order to be able to paint something, so its a non money issue which you want the court to make an order, but I think its an access thing so its an injunction form, because when landlords need to get in to get to gas/electric thats injunction and this sounds like the closest match if you will.

If you don't have access to legal advice have you thought about calling CAB, because they have solicitors they have access to that they can ask questions to for you

Comment

See https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...rt56/pd_part56 at Section II

So the form is N208 and the details of what is to be entered on the form is given at 11. 2

The N208 is here https://www.gov.uk/government/public...orm-cpr-part-8

The filing fee is, I think, £308 in the county court, but call your local county court to confirm

Last edited by efpom; 13th September 2024, 04:24:AM. Reason: Form N208 link & filing fee

Comment

this isnt landlord/tenant though

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X