• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge claim form received from DCBL for overstaying at Shell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge claim form received from DCBL for overstaying at Shell

Hi all,

I have received a claim form for a Parking ticket from Euro Car Parks from September 2020. I was vacuuming my car at the petrol station and took longer than 15 mins (can’t remember exactly but I believe I overstayed by 17 mins) Usually the petrol station attendant is kind enough to put my registration through on their database to avoid me getting a pcn as they know it does take time especially with all the car queue for air and vacuum on weekends. On this occasion they forgot to enter my reg and it led to this. I don’t own this car anymore and have moved address since march 2022. Wonder how they managed to track me down! I am looking to defend this case, can anyone help me prepare a defense for this?
    1. The Defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a Parking Charges) issued to vehicle YT56TWE at MFG Shell Wembley Park.
    2. The PCN(s) were issued on 01/09/2020
    3. The defendant is pursued as the driver of the vehicle for breach of the terms on the signs (the contract). Reason:Your Vehicle Was Parked Longer Than The Maximum Period Allowed
    4. In the alternative the defendant is pursued as the keeper pursuant to POFA 2012, Schedule 4.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    1. £170 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.
    2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £.04 until judgment or sooner payment.
    3. Costs and court fees

Tags: None

Assuming you have just received the claim, acknowledge it but do not enter a defence for now.
    That gives you 33 days from date of issue in which to file a defence

Send a CPR31.14 request to DCB Legal and a Subject Access Request to Euro Car Parks
    There are templates (which need amending to your situation as they are for debt problems) in the SHORTCUTS panel on the right hand side of this page.

When you receive a response, or about a week before your defence is due, post up here

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Assuming you have just received the claim, acknowledge it but do not enter a defence for now.
      That gives you 33 days from date of issue in which to file a defence

Send a CPR31.14 request to DCB Legal and a Subject Access Request to Euro Car Parks
      There are templates (which need amending to your situation as they are for debt problems) in the SHORTCUTS panel on the right hand side of this page.

When you receive a response, or about a week before your defence is due, post up here
      Many thanks for the help, I will send a CPR 31.14 and SAR.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X