• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stole from John Lewis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stole from John Lewis

Hi,

Please can you help me and share some advice.

I stole from John Lewis recently and was caught in the shop. The Loss prevention team banned me from the shop, took my id and photo and searched my bag. When searching my bag I had another product which i took from another store. I told them which store it was from but didn’t say I stole it nor did they ask for my receipt but they did ask if I worked at the shop in question. I paid for the item which was from JL and then they took the receipt. I was quite shaken and didn’t ask what happens next as I was in a lot of shock which has left me with a lot of questions.

The police were not called at the time but I’m worried they’ll share my details with the other shop or with the police at a later stage. Also, would JL review their CCTV in all other stores too or just the one specific store? Does anyone have a similar experience, do they use facial recognition? It seems they don’t use facial recognition or biometrics on their policy but looks like there is debate that they haven’t updated their policy but do use it.

Has anyone had a similar situation, did it get escalated to the courts? I’m aware of the RLP letters based on the advice from other threads but I’m more concerned if it’ll go to court. I’ve not received any letters as of yet.

Any advice or support would be appreciated, understand how wrong this was of me and I’ll certainly never do it again but I’m hoping this community can help or at least help someone else who is reading this thread.
    Tags: None

no nobody is gonna do anything

go and see you GP though

Comment

des8 what do you think? Is there a high chance they’ll look at previous footage too in other stores and will escalate to the police if something else was taken from the store previously? Would really appreciate your guidance on this.

Comment

IMO the chances of John Lewis security trawling through hours and hours of CCTV footage to see if they can spot an individual who might be stealing are rather less than zero.
        Such research is just not commercially viable.

Other than RLP's letters there is little chance of anything coming your way

Comment

go see your GP!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your prompt response. My anxiety is through the roof at the moment as I’ve seen a post where they found evidence of the person doing it previously. I have got in touch with a therapist and working on myself to understand why and how to prevent it happening again. This experience has traumatised me and has had a knock on effect on every aspect of my life so my lesson has been learnt!

Comment

good good wish you the best

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X