• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order-Mother dying, can I delay please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK2054 View Post
    upload the n244 general order please
    Hi JK2054

Here is the N244.

I should point out that we never received a Contract and the Claimant was unable to provide the email that he supposedly sent it to us on, nor was he able to provide a signed copy of the Contract. Despite this, the adjudicator totally ignored these facts and of course ruled in the Claimants favour. Additionally, I provided an email from the Claimant wherein he admitted that a large proportion of the work he`d carried out was as part of an arbitration, and when questioned by the adjudicator, he admitted this fact but said he was still eligible for adjudication as his `contract` stated that fees could be recovered via adjudication...as stated previously, there was no contract . I would never have agreed to such a Contract as I knew we didn`t have that sort of money to pay his fees. Right from the beginning he told us that we wouldn`t have to pay his fees and that the CA HAD to pay them,.naively I trusted him.

N.N I have left some letters in so you can see that answers were given to the questions on the N244, but obviously I had to blank names out as per LB rules.
    Attached Files

Comment

I wanted your n244 general order from your application?

Comment

JK2054 Please accept my apologies, I misunderstood you. Do you mean my N244 to get the hearing on 16th deferred?

If so, I will post that later as it is now 1am and I am in bed and my paperwork is downstairs.

Comment

i mean the judgement order of your application to get the hearing deferred

Comment

i mean the judgement order of your application to get the hearing deferred
            Ahh right, we haven`t received that yet, they just told us on the phone. As soon as I`ve received it, I will post it. I have a feeling that the other party won`t have received it either, so they could have well turned up at Court.

Comment

court will have phoned them i pressume
              post it up as soon as you get it

Comment

do we have the order yet?

Comment

Paperwork?

Comment

Paperwork?
                    Hi JK2054

Sorry for the delay in my response, it was Mum`s funeral on Wednesday so it`s been an upsetting few days.

We still don`t have the paperwork. I received an email from the Court on Thursday apologising for the delay in their response and saying they hadn`t received any documents with my last email . I knew I`d sent them two copies of my Mum`s Death Certificate so wrote back to them sending them a copy of my email clearly showing the death certificates attached , and attached them again, just for good measure. They wrote back almost immediately saying that they are running way behind due to staff shortages but that the judge had ruled for a new hearing date after 16th September and they said that they would get the Order out to me as soon as possible.

As soon as I have the paperwork I will post it.

Thank you again for trying to help me.

Comment

ahhh i am sorry about that, I hope all went well on wednedsay.

Now to the paperwork its actually not relevant here. The new hearing date is 16th September, so new docs filing date is 2nd sep.

That gives us plenty of time to actually do things.

Now can you please tell me the name of the Claimant's solicitors

Comment

Hi JK2054

The Claimants Solicitors are Lawsons Solicitors , The Bull Ring, Wakefield.
                        It's a Father and Daughter practice and the Daughter started the case and then swapped over to her Father , Peter Lawson.

Comment

Still nothing back from the Court .

Comment

nevermind
                            Last edited by JK2054; 30th August 2024, 04:05:AM.

Comment

nevermind
                              Just to keep you up to date, I contacted the Court today and they said a new Hearing date still hasn`t been set but it will be in the next batch of documents to be dealt with.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X