• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order-Mother dying, can I delay please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK2054 View Post
    so what was your n244 answer?
    They have told me to ring back in the morning so I have a feeling that the Hearing will be going ahead on Friday now as I don`t see how they are going to inform the Claimant that the Hearing has been deferred, considering it is Wednesday tomorrow. I can`t lie, I am really worried now, as I`ve submitted no evidence as to why the Interim Charging Order shouldn`t be granted as I am simply not in a head space to deal with it at the moment and was hoping my application to defer the hearing would be granted, I can`t even think straight right now!

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      It's as I thought. If Atteys can't be bothered to update their address for notices about their charging order, service to the address they have given is good service.
      Thank you atticus I had a feeling that you might say that, but what about them not serving Hatfield Main Colliery as they state there is no address on Companies House when the address is there for all to see, added to which the Claimant knows the address as he`s been dealing with them for many years on over 20 cases against them?

Comment

atteys isnt an entity look at the SRA
        JK2054 thank you for your reply. I`m really sorry but I don`t know what that means? Please could you explain?

Many thanks .

Comment

Use the points of this as a basis, ignore the format its auto generated.

I've tried to keep it simple rather than referring to laws and cases to aviod confusion as your a LIP
          Thank you JK2054 for trying to help me once again. I`m really sorry, I have to say again that I don`t understand what you mean? I usually consider myself to be quite intelligent but I`m really struggling with this, my head is a mess and I`m totally out of my depth right now . Please can you explain in basic English for me? I`m so sorry to be such an airhead right now, all I can put it down to is that I have a lot on my plate right now.

Also, do you think there is any sort of recourse for the fact that the Claimant states there is no address on Companies House to serve Hatfield main Colliery when the address is there for all to see and in any event, the Claimant knows their address as he has worked against then on over 20 cases apparently...his words, not mine.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

Para 3 of the interim charging order shows that the court has not considered it important that Hatfield Main Colliery be served.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I am going to say it again. A judgement creditor is entitled to have an unpaid judgement debt secured. You should know this, given that you already have a small collection of charging orders.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for your response atticus , I hear what you are saying, but I don't have to agree that it's fair as it is far from it! The Claimant clearly set out to con me, I reoeat, I was uofront and honest with him and told him I could not afford to pay his fees, he told me not to worry as I didn't have to as he would recoup them from the CA, when the CA refused to pay him, he came after me! I am not some woman who just doesn't pay her bills, in fact THREE times I offered to settle out of court in writing g, THREE times his Solicitor said he would discuss it with his client and come back to me, but they didn't! Then the Court gave him interest at 8% when banks have been giving 1% if you are lucky! Added to that, he has knocked a huge amount off the value of my property, so please forgive me if I'm not happy about the situation and don't wish to hand over a ridiculous amount of money to a man who hasn't earned it and has ruined my home in the process!

I am very grateful for you attempting to help me, but I'm certainly not happy about the situation that I am in.

Comment

Originally posted by Donny462 View Post

They have told me to ring back in the morning so I have a feeling that the Hearing will be going ahead on Friday now as I don`t see how they are going to inform the Claimant that the Hearing has been deferred, considering it is Wednesday tomorrow. I can`t lie, I am really worried now, as I`ve submitted no evidence as to why the Interim Charging Order shouldn`t be granted as I am simply not in a head space to deal with it at the moment and was hoping my application to defer the hearing would be granted, I can`t even think straight right now!
                  oh deferring the hearing day before is perfectly normal in the court system dont worry about that

Comment

JK2054 thank you for your reply. I`m really sorry but I don`t know what that means? Please could you explain?

Many thanks .
                    means they're not a legal entity

Comment

Thank you JK2054 for trying to help me once again. I`m really sorry, I have to say again that I don`t understand what you mean? I usually consider myself to be quite intelligent but I`m really struggling with this, my head is a mess and I`m totally out of my depth right now . Please can you explain in basic English for me? I`m so sorry to be such an airhead right now, all I can put it down to is that I have a lot on my plate right now.

Also, do you think there is any sort of recourse for the fact that the Claimant states there is no address on Companies House to serve Hatfield main Colliery when the address is there for all to see and in any event, the Claimant knows their address as he has worked against then on over 20 cases apparently...his words, not mine.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.
                      its in the document that i told you to use as a base

Comment

Thank you for your response atticus , I hear what you are saying, but I don't have to agree that it's fair as it is far from it! The Claimant clearly set out to con me, I reoeat, I was uofront and honest with him and told him I could not afford to pay his fees, he told me not to worry as I didn't have to as he would recoup them from the CA, when the CA refused to pay him, he came after me! I am not some woman who just doesn't pay her bills, in fact THREE times I offered to settle out of court in writing g, THREE times his Solicitor said he would discuss it with his client and come back to me, but they didn't! Then the Court gave him interest at 8% when banks have been giving 1% if you are lucky! Added to that, he has knocked a huge amount off the value of my property, so please forgive me if I'm not happy about the situation and don't wish to hand over a ridiculous amount of money to a man who hasn't earned it and has ruined my home in the process!

I am very grateful for you attempting to help me, but I'm certainly not happy about the situation that I am in.
                        hate to break it, its not about what is deemed fair and whats not, thats not how courts work sorry

Comment

means they're not a legal entity
                          But, even if that is right, it is likely that someone somewhere will have their assets including the right to collect on this debt and therefore the benefit of the charging order.

Comment

Yea but what i meant is that the claimant named the wrong entity. The entity that has atteys assets including their rights needs to be named and it is not

Comment

I am not so sure. If that entity has not changed the details registered in the restriction, the judgement creditor can do no other than send the necessary papers to the name and address that has been given. It is incumbent on Atteys' successor in title to monitor these things and update as necessary.

Comment

chances a DDJ knows that are like 50/50 though

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X