• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order-Mother dying, can I delay please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atticus View Post
    There is one simple point that has not been mentioned. You have a judgement against you. If you do not pay it, the judgement creditor is entitled to ask the court to secure it.
    Thank you for your input atticus , this is all so wrong, yess, I understand if there is a judgement against me the judgement creditor is entitled to ask the court to secure it, but firstly, right from the beginning this person was told that I couldn`t afford to pay his fees and he told me in writing not to worry as the CA had to pay his fees. I voiced my concerns several times and each time was told not to worry, but I was totally naive and believed this person and when the CA refused to pay his fees, he came after me, and here we are! . To add insult to injury , this person walked off the job leaving my property still falling down due to Coal Mining Subsidence, and it has knocked tens of thousands off the value of my property , I doubt I could even sell it in this state, even for a knockdown price!

Comment

Originally posted by JK2054 View Post

you should be fine to be honest if you sent the medical evidence because I cant see a judge saying no. Try email the court and chase for the order.
      Thank you JK2054

Do you have any suggestions from the information I sent you, or is it a lost cause?

Comment

in post #16 the OP is making arguments that question the judgement against him. A judge hearing a charging order application will not go behind the judgement.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

lowkey not sure how you're a retirned solicitor if you've never seen a charge succesfully defended cant lie.

There are so many ways to defend it, you can start by seeing if you can set aside the judgement on appeal, challenge the service of the documents of the charging order, along with teh statutory obligations of the creditor. Equally can argue for JOP or for lower BITC and can do it that way.

I've defended 3/4 charging applications I've assisted LIP with, purely on procedure and only lost one.

Comment

Originally posted by Donny462 View Post

Thank you JK2054

Do you have any suggestions from the information I sent you, or is it a lost cause?
            not sure what information you sent me sorry

Comment

in post #16 the OP is making arguments that question the judgement against him. A judge hearing a charging order application will not go behind the judgement.
              not true actually. you can apply to have the judgement set aside and as one of the terms of that application you can have the charging order set aside. As the charing order is not yet granted it wont be granted pending an appeal because the appeal would be circuit not district, so district couldn't issue the charging order.

Comment

Originally posted by Donny462 View Post

Thank you for your input atticus , this is all so wrong, yess, I understand if there is a judgement against me the judgement creditor is entitled to ask the court to secure it, but firstly, right from the beginning this person was told that I couldn`t afford to pay his fees and he told me in writing not to worry as the CA had to pay his fees. I voiced my concerns several times and each time was told not to worry, but I was totally naive and believed this person and when the CA refused to pay his fees, he came after me, and here we are! . To add insult to injury , this person walked off the job leaving my property still falling down due to Coal Mining Subsidence, and it has knocked tens of thousands off the value of my property , I doubt I could even sell it in this state, even for a knockdown price!
                lowkey time to apply for a set aside

Comment

lowkey time to apply for a set aside
                  You may not have read the letter attached to post #9. I suggest you do that.
                  Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

If the judgement creditor does everything right, JK's low key arguments fail. Maybe that is why my applications for charging orders were always successful.

Comment

If the judgement creditor does everything right, JK's low key arguments fail. Maybe that is why my applications for charging orders were always successful.
                      that is true, and thats why i lost one i represented someone for because the creditor had done everything right and the money was well and truly owed.

Comment

You may not have read the letter attached to post #9. I suggest you do that.
                        i did read the letter just now but makes no diff to me

Comment

i did read the letter just now but makes no diff to me
                          It does make a massive diff[erence] to the likelihood of the judgement being set aside. The OP lost a case in which his evidence was considered, so either after trial or on summary judgement, and has been refused permission to appeal.

Comment

Sorry atticus but in the nicest possible way a back and forth conversation with you isnt going to add any value to the thread so my replies will only be to OP

Comment

Hi JK2054

Thank you for your replies but I`m really confused by the comments between yourself and atticus ,

I`m really sorry but can I ask what you mean by `lowkey time to apply fpr set aside`?

Also, could you please explain paragraph two on post 19, you state you can argue for JOP or lower BITC , I`m really sorry but I am only a lay person and I don`t know what those mean?

I`m so grateful for any help you can give me, but have to admit that I .am feeling a little baffled right now and unsure what to do next.

​​​​​​​Many thanks again for your help.

Comment

did you get your n244 back yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X