• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on N181 DQ form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on N181 DQ form

Need help and advice please as a defendant in medical negligence claim I have now been instructed to complete an N181 Directions Questionaire form, deadline is 2 weeks to be completed and sent to the court. The claiimant’s solicitor made an offer to settle out of court in which I declined! I have been told I will win case in a trial but being the defendant and paying a lot of money to a barrister , who has now told me yes I will win my case in a trial but won’t get any money back(costs) where is the justice when winning a case? I have spent £9000 up to now
    I have no option but to put another offer in to settle this claim out of court because I can no longer fund it to go to a trial
    do I still need to complete N181 DQ form whilst waiting for a response from the claimant’s solicitors
    Tags: None

Do you not have professional indemnity insurance?

The answer to your question is "yes".

If you are representing yourself, you should download and study the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person - link in my signature.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Although I was a baited at tine of alleged incident it lapsed 3 weeks later! The claimant asked 3 months later did I gave insurance? I have thought it was renewed automatically
      my insurance declined to represent me due to clause in policy hence reason I had to fund case myself

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Felix12 View Post
          Need help and advice please as a defendant in medical negligence claim I have now been instructed to complete an N181 Directions Questionaire form, deadline is 2 weeks to be completed and sent to the court. The claiimant’s solicitor made an offer to settle out of court in which I declined! I have been told I will win case in a trial but being the defendant and paying a lot of money to a barrister , who has now told me yes I will win my case in a trial but won’t get any money back(costs) where is the justice when winning a case? I have spent £9000 up to now
          I have no option but to put another offer in to settle this claim out of court because I can no longer fund it to go to a trial
          do I still need to complete N181 DQ form whilst waiting for a response from the claimant’s solicitors

Yes you need to fill it
          however whos telling you that you wont get your costs? Where has that come from?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X