• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AJJB Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJJB Law

Hello All,

I have been receiving rogue texts from AJJB Law for the past year or so regarding a Klarna account from 2021. This balance was settled by ASOS, wherein a return I had made had lost its way back to the warehouse, and the balance was then settled. I have no emails or documentation since as it was a fair number of years ago, though notably, not quite 6!

AJJB today texted me they were considering LBA - so I decided to email them an SRA letter to try and clarify what information they had on me. It is addressed to me but my surname is wrong, correct home address and the details of my transaction, except not upto date in that the balance was settled. Since I have no proof to show this, what is my next step? I know that I am probably to wait for the LBA to come through the post, but considering they've got my surname wrong, is there anything I can do here?

The total balance is £89.95. Thanks
    Tags: None

Please do advise, I have refuted the claim via email. They did try to call me to which I refused to speak over the phone, hoping not to do or say anything wrong. Thank you

Comment

Hi JH477

Welcome to LB

Amend / send the following letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://nationaldebtline.org/get-inf...-not-owe-debt/

Update when you get a response.

Comment

Thank you so much for your prompt response!
        They have responded with an invoice number, invoice date 25/01/2021, merchant and the goods list ( the item that was returned) - and another document to show CRS has purchased the debt.

I have since had a look and found my return / tracking that I used to send the item back, I recall there was an issue once it was delivered of it being lost. Of course, the credit company who bought the ‘debt’ don’t have this information! What can I do now? Thank you again

Comment

Can you write a brief summary with dates, plus evidence, that is what you need to send with the letter. I.E.

25/01/21 Bought XXXXXX from ASOS invoice number: XXXXXXXX - evidence attached, etc..

If you need any information from ASOS, send them a SAR, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Can they still get in touch with ASOS for my details? AJJB have written the following:

Thank you for your email,

Our client has asked us to contact you to recover the balance outstanding.

If you dispute the balance, please provide us with full details as to why you disagree with the claim for payment of the balance due. Where possible please also supply supporting evidence.

Upon receipt of the email, we will be able to advise further or raise a query for you with our client. Your account will be place on hold for 3 working days to allow you time to do this.

I have a screenshot and working tracking number for Royal Mail to show it was delivered. I have since deleted my ASOS account/suspended it but of course they would have the records. Just curious whether Klarna/ASOS have any say now it’s been sold to AJJB, and whether they are able to gain access to these records?

Comment

Sorry, may I ask, I email AJJB with evidence that the parcel was returned with proof?

Comment

Hello,

The item itself was sent back to ASOS and was confirmed returned. I still have tracking information and confirmation for this - it shows the parcel was delivered. The balance was overturned at the time. Evidence attached, tracking number ****

Screenshot of the return generated and tracking included and sent to them. I will now work on SAR to ASOS!

Comment

Originally posted by jh477 View Post
                  Can they still get in touch with ASOS for my details? AJJB have written the following:

Thank you for your email,

Our client has asked us to contact you to recover the balance outstanding.

If you dispute the balance, please provide us with full details as to why you disagree with the claim for payment of the balance due. Where possible please also supply supporting evidence.

Upon receipt of the email, we will be able to advise further or raise a query for you with our client. Your account will be place on hold for 3 working days to allow you time to do this.

I have a screenshot and working tracking number for Royal Mail to show it was delivered. I have since deleted my ASOS account/suspended it but of course they would have the records. Just curious whether Klarna/ASOS have any say now it’s been sold to AJJB, and whether they are able to gain access to these records?
                  The account hasn't been sold to AJJB, they are solicitors acting for klama / ASOS who are clients.

Comment

Sorry, may I ask, I email AJJB with evidence that the parcel was returned with proof?
                    Yes email them as requested, attach the evidence you have.

Comment

I have since sent ASOS an SAR, they do not let me sign back into my account to retrieve information. The proof I have with tracking does not suffice with AJJB as it has since been used to deliver another parcel elsewhere. Running out of ideas here. What can I do? Thank you so much for your help trhus far

Comment

I have since sent ASOS an SAR, they do not let me sign back into my account to retrieve information. The proof I have with tracking does not suffice with AJJB as it has since been used to deliver another parcel elsewhere. Running out of ideas here. What can I do? Thank you so much for your help trhus far
                        Send the delivery company an email, see if they can track down the details of delivery for you.
                        Explain that ASOS is saying the item wasn't returned.

Comment

Seems like rummaging through old emails worked out in my favour as I found proof of me having sent the item, details all included, in a screenshot. The account has been closed, ‘for now’, they state.

Thank you so much for your guidance, though I didn’t have to do much in terms of the advanced legal proceedings stage, it really helped to have questions answered.

I could kiss ya mate! Haha.

Comment

got to be honest they wouldnt have tried anything anyway they're paper merchants not lawyers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X