• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Owed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Owed

I am owed £500 from a debtor, how do I enforce the debt I have a judgment for £500 do I get a warrant of control to send the court bailiffs around
    to get the money that I am owed.
    Tags: None

You can do that.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

How do I do this do I have to send the information to the defendants local courts?

Comment

Don't hold your breath. I had to escalate my debt to the high court baliffs who have more power. You can also consider attachment of earnings if you know where they work.

Comment

Enforce judgment by retaining a High Court Enforcement Officer - Forget about using County Court Bailiffs.
          My personal choice is DCBL https://dcbltd.com/

I have used DCBL 4 times - Last time I used them was about a year ago against a Local Authority who refused to pay up following a court Order against it DCBL succeeded in getting the Order monies out of it, by attending at the Head Office of the Local Authority and threatening to remove goods unless the Order was paid The Order was for £10k - The amount the Local Authority had to pay was nearly 15K

Comment

Doesn't the judgement have to be for £600+ to transfer to a High Court Enforcement Officer?
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Atticus is correct - mea culpa. Ignore my post 5

Comment

Mine too! Although attachment of earnings should be OK

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                  Mine too! Although attachment of earnings should be OK
                  I used attachment of earnings over enforcement once and it worked very well.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                    Don't hold your breath. I had to escalate my debt to the high court baliffs who have more power. You can also consider attachment of earnings if you know where they work.

no you cant do HCEO for £500.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                      How do I do this do I have to send the information to the defendants local courts?

If the judgement is default then you send it to the CNBC writs email. If you used MCOL you can request a WOC online.

If they don't have the assets to pay up you may wish to consider an AOE but you MUST make sure you have the bank account they hold funds in, for example you may decide to use a savings account if you think this has more chance of being able to recover the funds

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X