• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

stay of proceedings granted, but repossession already took place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stay of proceedings granted, but repossession already took place

I received a CCJ for a car PCP agreement. I Told the other side I would appeal and submitted a N244 requesting a stay of proceedings and set aside of judgement. I drafted a witness statement to accompany the N244. I shared a draft of this with the other side. I submitted it on 21 June 2024. On 1 July the car finance company turned up and repossessed the car. I told them this would be a wrongful repossession and they were acting prematurely. They disagreed. I wrote to the court and advised them of this with a draft order exercising a wrongful repossession. The court issued on 10 July a Notice of Hearing referencing the application made on 21 June 2024 granting the stay of proceedings until the case is heard. The hearing is scheduled for 24 November 2024. Where do I stand in relation to the car. Do they need to return this to me or do they just keep it until the hearing is completed in November? Also there is a complaint in with the FoS about all the breaches of the CONC code they have caused.
    Tags: None

Hi, if they already took the car they can keep it because at the moment the application is not set aside just pending. They can't take further action since that order but if they took the action before then they're legally correct.

Sorry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X