• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Response to CPR31.14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Just Defence with Proof of Postage.
    Thank you as always

Comment

Originally posted by amugu View Post

Thank you as always
      The court has written to me to acknowledge receipt of my defence. The letter states that the claimant must contact me with 28 days of receiving the copy of the defence. I guess it is now a waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by amugu View Post

The court has written to me to acknowledge receipt of my defence. The letter states that the claimant must contact me with 28 days of receiving the copy of the defence. I guess it is now a waiting game.
        Yes, mark it in your diary.

Comment

Will do
          Thanks

Comment

So just an update. Received a letter from Cabot headed - 'We're not pursuing legal action currently'. Your account has been returned from our solicitors. While we are currently not pursuing legal action, this doesn't mean we wont in the future.
            The alleged debt, would have been statured barred this October and I suspect the only reason they made a claim was to stop the clock. They have not responded to my request for the documents. Do I just ignore them and see what they come up with. Still keeping an eye on MCOL which still shows as defence filed.
            Thank you

Comment

Wait to see what they do next, 'documents' might be an issue for them.
              So the case is 'stayed', they will have to pay fees to get the 'stay' lifted.
              If they send 'documents', they need to be checked.

Update when anything meaningful happens.

Comment

Wait to see what they do next, 'documents' might be an issue for them.
                So the case is 'stayed', they will have to pay fees to get the 'stay' lifted.
                If they send 'documents', they need to be checked.

Update when anything meaningful happens.
                Thanks I will

Comment

sounds like they dont have one of the docs you asked for/ a judge would need

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X