• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL notification of claim paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL notification of claim paid

Hello

I have been going through the MCOL route of getting a claim paid.
    I won't bore everyone with all the steps we have taken, but we reached the stage of a warrant of control being issued against the defendant.

FF 2 weeks later and I logged onto my MCOL account just because I was curious to see if anything had changed.

I was surprised to observe that I had "apparently" notified MCOL that the claim was fully paid - I CERTAINLY DID NOT MAKE THAT NOTIFICATION!!

Is this something the bailiffs can do to my claim if they have received payment but yet to forward it to me?? Has the defendant managed to do something to change the status??

These are the last entries on my Claim History, I did NOT log into my account from 05/04 until today (21/04)

>Your warrant ...(No.).... against ...(Name)...... was issued on 08/04/2024 at 19:08:07

>The final return (result) for your warrant .....(No)....against ....(Name)..... was received on 19/04/2024

>A bar was put in place for .....(Name)....... on 19/04/2024

>Your notification that the claim was fully paid on 19/04/2024 for ........(Name)......... was accepted on 19/04/2024 at 10:33:47

Anybody got any ideas or should I just wait and assume that, maybe, a cheque is in the post??
    Tags: None

Telephone the MCOL helpline tomorrow. Even court staff do not have the authority to update MCOL claim status
    It could be a mistake. It would be interesting to know the response you get

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
      Telephone the MCOL helpline tomorrow. Even court staff do not have the authority to update MCOL claim status
      It could be a mistake. It would be interesting to know the response you get
      Thanks Pezza, we tried that earlier in the process and were on hold for over an hour, they never seem to reply to emails either, but I guess we have no choice.

Can you also answer - the "Bar" that was put in place - am I right in thinking that is done by the defendant to prevent seizure of property by the bailiffs or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm not sure, but the bar is probably temporarily in place to prevent the claimant from updating their case. When I ring the court I just put my mobile on speaker and have papers ready and carry on with something else. The longest I have waited is one hour. Strangely when I chose the option about court fees I got through much quicker

Comment

I ring them at 8.30am on the dot and the minimuim time I had to wait is usually 20mins or over an hour (it varies). I make sure I ask all the questions and I take their name. I emailed them so I have evidence of notifying them xyz (not necessarily expecting a reply) PS My claim was made around 5 months ago and I have noticed that a few updates: 'bar was lifted' bar was put in place' bar was lifted (within a few days) and nothing regarding the claim had changed - I am guessing the staff whom I spoke to did something so they can check the case?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X