• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amend judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amend judgement

Hi, i went through the claims process online and ended up with a CCJ against the debtor. he has ignored it so I am trying to escalate it to get the bailiffs to attend. Unfortunately I have been informed that the name on the judgement is incorrect, I put the name he trades under rather than the name on companies house, and they won't proceed until it has been amended. The problem I have is having been told it's possible to do I can find no information on how to go about it, what forms or procedures are required. Can someone please help before he removes all his assets! Thanks.
    Tags: None

A Companies House name will be that of a limited company. If you have obtained a judgement against an individual you are going to have to start again and sue the correct defendant. Do you know who that is?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Yes I do . I put for arguments sake "Happy house imports" which he trades under instead of "Happy house Limited"

Comment

Who is the trader, "he" or the limited company? You will understand that a limited company is a separate legal entity.

So is it Fred Smith who trades as Happy House Imports, or is it Happy House Limited trading as Happy House Imports?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Fred bloggs trades as happy house imports but the name on companies house is happy house limited

Comment

You appear to be saying that you have correctly sued the individual and not the limited company. As you know, they are separate and distinct legal entities.

Comment

I’m not sure what I have done. I was asked to provide the name of the company and the name of the person which I did unfortunately the name of the company was incorrect.

Comment

I feel very out of my depth, I feel I need proper representation but after losing just over £9k I don’t know if I can justify more expense but if I don’t I lose everything!

Comment

Did you make payment to an individual or a limited company?
                  If the trader gave you a bank account number and sort code to transfer money on the internet, your bank should have confirmed the name on the account

Comment

I paid online and the transaction was listed as the limited company

Comment

Assuming the CCJ was made against the trader because he didn't file a defence, you need to make a new claim against the limited company. Check the company's name and address on the Companies House register

Comment

Will I need to send another letter of intent?

Comment

If you intend to sue someone else, yes.

Comment

It’s not someone else! I sent my letter of intent to the owner, he responded with a pathetic online solicitors email. If he responded to that then he must be acknowledging it is him.

Comment

Did he respond as an individual or in the name of the company you claimed against?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X