• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Overdale County Court action – advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/Overdale County Court action – advice needed

I have received an email from Overdale, acting for Lowell, informing me they have begun legal action at the County Court. I have not yet received anything at all from the court, and have not previously received anything from Overdale (although post has been very unreliable where I live) but Overdale's email says this:

"We act for Lowell Portfolio I Ltd and note that you have not repaid your debt or contacted us to agree a suitable resolution to this matter.

Legal proceedings have now been issued and you will shortly receive a County Court Claim from the Civil National Business Centre for the total amount of [approx. £2,000]."

Overdale's email also claims that "You can avoid a CCJ on the condition that the outstanding balance is paid in full within four months … To take advantage of this offer and to agree the exact terms of an arrangement, please contact us on xxxxxxxx, within the next 10 days."

As far as I'm aware, this is not a legal provision and just something Overdale are offering, so I'm not sure how they can be so specific with the timescale.

Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Responded on other thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X