• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Part 36

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 36

Good evening to all
    Can someone please advise, in my claim the defendants offered a part 36 offer before proceedings, which I refused and issued the claim form, they accepted liability and offered the same amount into court, so already I've matched their offer, does this mean I have to better that offer to win a costs order, or have I won as I've equaled the amount, I know it looks like they may have dropped a clanger, I have read an read CPR 36 but can't make out if I've won or not, really apricate any and all help
    many thanks
    Tags: None

Has the court made a final decision on the case?

I will add more later if no one else covers the point.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi Atticus,
      yes in my favour the judge said that because of the tone and aggression in the letter making of the offer that it doesn't think it's acceptable, they brought counsel in at a disposal hearing

Comment

Sorry also, before the disposal hearing counsel made WAPSATC offer and because I declined that the judge made an order I pay his costs for the day out of my award

Comment

This all seems to have been decided. So what advice do you think this forum can give?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi Atticus, I'm appealing the decision of the court it's a little complicated but the defendants were represented all the way through but have missed deadlines failed to show up for hearings and at the disposal hearing turned up with counsel who just went on about this part 36 offer which was rejected by myself but equaled the same amount at the hearing, but because I didn't get a more advantageous offer I've been hit with costs,
            Thank anyway

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X