• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Order of the Court... County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of the Court... County Court

When a County Court Judge reaches a conclusion, which in Court is agreed and accepted by both the Claimants Legal representative and the Defendant and the Order is issued by the Court, which includes a specific term that forms an integral part of the Order of the Court, can the Claimant after the Order has been issued in the Court and the Order has been sent to both the Claimant and the Defendant, only accept once aspect of the Order and not adhere to the additional term, thus only adhering to the half of the Order that is of benefit to the Claimant ?
    Tags: None

The other party may take steps to enforce the full order/ask the court to sanction the non compliance.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks for your response, although I'm still a little confused,
      The other party, the Claimant has happily accepted the half of the Court Order which was the reason it was brought to court in the first place but the money order, which formed part of the claim was waived by the Court.
      The Judge asked the Claimants legal Representative, do you agree to waive the money order in return for....... who replied Yes; then the same question was put to myself and I agreed and said Yes, and the Order was issued based on agreement by both parties, which is even stated on the Court Order received.

I've adhered to the Order; although now, 7 weeks since the hearing, the Claimant has instructed a Solicitor and is demanding payment of the money order; stating, if it's not paid by..... not only will I have to pay the money order plus interest but I will also be liable for their clients legal fees and Court cost.
      I believed, that once the Court Order was issued and adhered to, that would be the end of the matter.

Comment

Can anyone elaborate on any of this, so I know where I stand

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X