• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ and n244 form help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only cost I asked for back for the £275 which was the application cost, I have worked out that I have spent around 15 hours on the case and also lost out on a days work today. I Will ask the judge today. I am slightly nervous and like rob said it will be interesting to see if she shows up as I there is nothing in evidence that she has put in

Comment

£19.00 per hour your cost I believe is still the amount you can vClaim but make sure true breakdown of hours you state.

Comment

Just got home from court,

She turned up which I didn’t think she would, but basically said she would be happy to set aside if I don’t chase her for the costs. I was happy with this and the judge ruled it should be set aside and any costs should be beared by either side.

fair result as I was only bothered about the CCJ coming off and she wasn't interested in chasing up the money she originally claimed for so good result

thanks again everyone especially Rob for holding my hand and walking me through the process, I don’t think I ever imagined court proceedings to be so stressful over something relatively small. Thanks again guys.

Comment

I suppose the only question is do I need to do anything for the CCJ to come off my file or is it automatic,

Comment

Good result, whilst you agreed to no costs, I do think you would have good grounds to claim that back from her so I think she was very lucky as others may not have been as nice.

However, this isn't the end of the road because setting aside a default judgment doesn't bring proceedings to an end, it merely reverts back to the defence stage unless she has agreed to discontinue the claim altogether. Normally that would require her to submit a notice of discontinuance form but if she never agreed verbally to discontinue, I suspect you will find the court order setting aside the default judgment, but the next step is for you to submit a defence.

The courts are required to update the registry trust to remove the CCJ from your file. Wait for the order to come through and if not removed from your credit file, chase up the court and you can send an email to the registry trust with a copy of the court order - though they typically only act on instructions from the court.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Yes she agreed to discontinue the claim all
              together as long as I didn’t pursue her for costs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X