• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydensfairfax : Order from court, charging your interest in property (URGENT)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydensfairfax : Order from court, charging your interest in property (URGENT)

Can someone advise me on this letter I received. I moved to EU and had a Royal Mail redirection to family home in UK that wasn't working from orginal claim address (they refunded me for year because of it) so I didn't recieve any thing until this which seems at a very advanced stage. Not sure if I can go through normal process on here of SAR/CCA request etc I doing know what its for.

The property is a shared ownership flat that I own half of 25% (12.5%) with my ex partner due to be sold by March 2024. It's not valuable.I'm selling my old UK car next month so I could afford to pay it if valid debt.

Thanks for any advice let me know iff need any more info :

LETTER:

Dear Sir

Drydensfairfax SOLICITORS

8 June 2023

Address:flat XXXX Street London Note: Only The Third Floor Is Included I nThe Title

We attach a copy of an Order that we have recently obtained from thecourt, charging yourinterest in the above property.

We have also attached a copy of the Application giving rise to that order (7th March) , as Court Rules necessitate both documents being served upon you.

Please note the date shown in the Order, this is the date the court will further consider this matter.

Yours faithfully

drydensfairfar drydensfairfax solicitors

INTERIM CHARGING ORDER:

On 7 March 2023, the Court Officer considered the application of the claimant (the judgment creditor'), from which it appears:

a) a judgment or order given on 15 September 2022 by the County Court Business Centre ni claim no.XXXXX, ordered the defendant ('the judgment debtor') to pay money to the judgment creditor;

b) the amount now owing under the judgment or order is £5,297.00 (including any interest and costs); and

c) the judgment debtor is the owner of, or has a beneficial interest ni the assetdescribed ni the schedule below;

and the court orders that

1. The interest ofthe judgment debtor Roy Khalil ni the assetdescribed ni theschedule below stand charged with

payment of £5297.00 together with any further interest becoming due and the costs ofthe application.

2. The judgment creditor must serve all relevant persons with the application notice, interim charging order and all documents filed in support in accordance with CPR 73.7.

Notice to parties served with this interim charging order

3. Where the interim chargingorderhas been made by acourt officer, any party may request that the decision be reconsidered by a District Judge. A request for reconsideration must be filed at the County Court Money Claims Centre within 14 days after a party is served with this order. Reconsideration of the decision will take place without a hearing.

4. Unless the judgment debtor or any other person files and serves their objection to the continuation of the charge ni writing, within 28 days of the date of service of hte order, hte application wil eb considered by a District Judge or Legal Adviser once 49 days from the date of the order have expired. The District Judge or Legal Adviser wil consider, without a hearing, whether the charge created by this order should be made final (with or without modification) or should be discharged.

N379 APPLICATION FOR CHARGING ORDER ON LAND CPR PART 73 ATTACHED

Tags: None

I haven't received any responses- If I haven't followed correct process please do let me know so I can get some help.

Comment

As I got no responses I sent SAR, CCA and CPR 31.14 request to arrow and drydenfairfax and will endeavour to ring court for advice. Obviously very concerned so any input most welcomed. Can they really instigate a flat sale for £6000????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X