• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do you defend a case littered with lies

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you defend a case littered with lies

The CPR and information on progressing a claim is great when both sides are playing by the rules. How do you deal with a party who has a very remote relationship with the truth and the judges are all over the place not hearing applications of reading submissions - the judges being guilty of an abuse?
    Tags: None

I'm not sure why you have started so many threads, your questions could be dealt with on one thread.

Comment

Confucius says????????
      Last edited by MIKE770; 8th June 2023, 08:02:AM.

Comment

Mike, I have this for our friend to help him. It is rather a long quote and so I do hope he will not get bored. 47 Sayings From Confucius

Here is one of Confucius's sayings: "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." In a few words, Confucius teaches us about patience, perseverance, discipline, and hard work. But if you probe further, you will see more layers. Confucius's philosophies, which are similar to humanist thought, have significantly influenced spiritual and social thought. His views bear insight and depth of wisdom, you can apply his teachings in every sphere of life.

Confucian proverbs have the power to transform lives, but they are not for casual reading. When you read them once, you feel the power of his words; read twice, and you will appreciate his deep thought; read them over and over again, and you will be enlightened. Let these Confucian quotes guide you in life.
        1. "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
        2. "They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom."
        3. "What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others."
        4. "In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."
        5. "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."
        6. "When anger rises, think of the consequences."
        7. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals; adjust the action steps."
        8. "Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
        9. "To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
        10. "To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle."
        11. "Fine words and an insinuating appearance are seldom associated with true virtue."
        12. "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
        13. "Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be failure."
        14. "Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire."
        15. "Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart."
        16. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
        17. "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
        18. "Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles."
        19. "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
        20. "Respect yourself and others will respect you."
        21. "Silence is a true friend who never betrays."
        22. "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved."
        23. "The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
        24. "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
        25. "Study the past if you would define the future."
        26. "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
        27. "Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men."
        28. "Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses."
        29. "Have no friends not equal to yourself."
        30. "He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it."
        31. "He who learns but does not think is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger."
        32. "He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."
        33. "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
        34. "A superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions."
        35. "Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."
        36. "The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large."
        37. "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell."
        38. "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."
        39. "He who will not economize will have to agonize."
        40. "When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves."
        41. "He with whom neither slander that gradually soaks into the mind, nor statements that startle like a wound in the flesh, are successful may be called intelligent indeed."
        42. "If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself."
        43. "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
        44. "If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?"
        45. "Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star."
        46. "It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve, and bad things are very easy to get."
        47. "Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?"

Cite this Article

Comment

Oh dear. What kind of a welcome is that demonstration of your skills in cutting and pasting?

To the OP: I suggest that you draw all your points together into one thread. You should explain what is going on and what the case is about. It is difficult to give useful advice on questions such as the several that you ask without understanding the context.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
            Oh dear. What kind of a welcome is that demonstration of your skills in cutting and pasting?

To the OP: I suggest that you draw all your points together into one thread. You should explain what is going on and what the case is about. It is difficult to give useful advice on questions such as the several that you ask without understanding the context.
            Agree 100%, I've asked Admin to merge the threads (at the moment, we have no facts, no background, just questions, very difficult to respond).

Comment

Thank you for such a great welcome to this site! Snide remarks are completely unnecessary. Separating out specific queries enables me to cope with the multitude of queries as as someone with ADHD, it helps me, but I do take the point about having a background to the case can help some.

My case has been on-going since 2018.

I have genuine direct questions, such as:

Is it the responsibility of the judge at an in-person hearing when ordering that costs be paid to the other party , in this case a limited company who were represented by two agents of the company they being employees and directors (£180) to assertain the payment details ie the company's bank account details, so that information is on the Order when the clerks type up the order and is therefore an order that can be satisfied?

Without payment details, how is the judgement debtor, me to know where the payment is to be paid? Without that information the order can not reasonably be fulfilled.

As I have had different opinions on this matter, my hope is that this could be debted on this forum and a consensus reached.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Agree 100%, I've asked Admin to merge the threads (at the moment, we have no facts, no background, just questions, very difficult to respond).
                I'm loathe to merge threads as it invariably achieves the opposite of providing clarification and lands up being a disjointed mess that's difficult to make sense of.

As Atticus suggests, the best thing is for the OP to provide a detailed background of their case and a list of questions, on a single thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X