• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Documents for file prior to a Hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents for file prior to a Hearing

Just received Notes from my Doctor's and would want to send to County Court for filing before hearing date.Any advice on sending copy to Claimant would be grateful.
    I am the Defendant .
    Tags: None

When's the Hearing date?

Have you been directed to exchange Witness Statements? (14 days before Hearing date)

Comment

What advice do you seek about sending copies to the other party, other than that you should do so if you intend to refer to them in court?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Advice on the Company (Claimant) or their representative that is what I am on about..

Comment

You really need to answer the questions because they are relevant regards the CPR procedures.

Nevertheless, what you should do is send the documents to the Claimant and the Court, you can send them via email providing the Claimant has given permission to receive documents via email. Clearly if you haven't exchanged Witness Statements, then you could include your documents in the Witness Statement.

Comment

I have just spotted your first question (when is the Hearing date).?

The hearing date is on 14th June of this month.There has not been any directions so far for exchange of witness statement.

But I have a letter from the court stating Notice of Hearing ,date,time,and place.

The letter also states documents filed less than 2 clear days prior to the hearing are not guaranteed to be filled on the Court file.(To all parties).

The letter states further that the case may be released to another judge possibly at a different court.(Please note).

And I just recently received copy of Claimant witness statement that they have sent to the court.(with intent to oppose my application to set aside default Judgment order).

And I have now received GP's letters which I would like to send to the court before the hearing date.

Comment

You have answered your own question regarding when to send evidence to the court.. Paragraph 4: "documents filed less than 2 days..............." Covered in CPR 23A 2.5

Hearing on June 14 which is next Wednesday. You should still be ok if you email them this weekend.

Make sure on your email you give case number, claimant name, defendant name, court name, date and time of hearing and email subject.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X