• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reply to Defence-advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply to Defence-advice please

I would appreciate legal advice regarding the Defence I have received.

1. The Defendant says my claim should be struck out as my Statement of Truth does not comply with Practice Direction 2.1
    ( I may have used the old pre 2020 version)

2. The Defendant wants my claim struck out as my PoC are insufficiently particularised and/or inconceived and do not have a real chance of success.

3. The Defendant denies all allegations made except as expressly admitted.

4.. Though the Claimant has quoted parts of the contract he has failed to provide full details of the work and terms and conditions of the contract.
    (I provided the Defendant with a full copy of the contract in August 2021.The Defendant doesn't seem to have passed it to its legal rep although it did pass it onto the FOS.. I intend to send a complete copy at the time of disclosure)

5 The Claimant's allegations against the Trader are outside the Defendant's knowledge and the Claimant has not sought to issue the claim against the Trader.
    ( My claim is a S75 claim against the ccc.. I have quoted the relevant clauses in the CCA 1974 that allows the consumer to claim against the ccc jointly and severally. I am aware the Defendant has been in contact with the Trader in writing and phone calls following a SAR)..

6.The Defendant states that the FOS has previously rejected the Claimant's complaint in relation to the issues pleaded.
    (Yes but the FOS investigator carried out a more detailed investigation, weighed up the evidence and decided the Trader had breached the contract)

7. The Defendant understands the Trader is willing and able to carry out the contract work.
    (Maybe, but when? My claim alleges the Trader misrepresented the contract when it couldn't provide a start date 10 weeks after I signed the contract and breached the contract for not providing reasonable care and skill when carrying out the survey report)

8. As the work is yet to be undertaken the Defendant states the Trader cannot have failed to carry out any work with reasonable care and skill.
    (see my comments under 7)

Do I need to respond to any of the above? If yes, any advice on what to write would be welcome.
    Tags: None

Sorry but should this be part of an existing thread if it's reached the stage of you receiving a defence?

I note you seem to have started several threads which may or may not be related to the same issue. (I can't be bothered reading them to check whether they are or not).

If you keep starting new threads about what is essentially the same issue you waste people's time while they ask the same background questions that have already been asked and answered on other threads.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X