• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrant of control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant of control

Received a claim? Yes A warrant of control
    Issue Date: April 6th 23
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: no
    Total Amount Claimed : £800
    Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I LTD
    Solicitors Firm: unknown
    Original Creditor: unknown
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : unknown
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ): not known
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Likely as it's in a name I haven't used in 10+ years
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): I haven't sent anything yet don't know what to send and who to send it to
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    I received a letter on April 8th re warrant of control for a CCJ listed in lockdown, under my maiden name, I've been married for 10+ years. Basically, I don't know where to start with this the letter states bailiffs will attend on the 21st April to collect the outstanding, I cant afford to have it 'set aside' and I'm certainly not paying something I've no knowledge of what it is and especially when its seemingly older than the hills.

Can I request Lowells send me the details or has this gone too far to even take on right now?
    I've also gotten in touch with CAB this morning and the court office is only open for a few short hours daily.

Any help is greatly received.
    Tags: None

If you do not apply to set this aside you will be in difficulty, and probably a more expensive difficulty. The judgement will stand. It will be enforceable. It will affect your credit rating.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

So I've been on to overdales, I've paid £1 and an installment of £1 / month going forward. This has stopped the warrant of control whilst this is in place.

How do I go about making a complaint against Lowell as the CCJ was applied mid lockdown 2020 and the lady on the telephone stated all correspondence was sent to another address - so I had no ability to put in a defense.

Comment

You complain by writing a letter - which will be ignored.

But if you do not want to apply to set aside the judgement, so be it.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X