• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CCJ

Hi
    I have sent off the admission form N9A to the address it needed to go to on a recent CCJ but since have not had any response back?
    How long should they take to get back to me I'm a little worried

​​​​
    Tags: None

Originally posted by patters1978 View Post
    Hi
    I have sent off the admission form N9A to the address it needed to go to on a recent CCJ but since have not had any response back?
    How long should they take to get back to me I'm a little worried

​​​​
    You have a county court judgment against you?
    Who was the Claimant? (Judgment Creditor if there has been a court case, hearing & adverse judgment).
    Was the Claimant legally represented, & if so, by who?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The court office will send a copy of your form to the claimant, who will be asked to respond. You need to wait for the eventual reply. This may take some time.

In the meantime, if you have made an offer to pay by instalments, I suggest that you start putting that money aside.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The CCJ is being handling by MortimerClarke this is who I sent the N9A to following the instructions on the judgement letter.

This was well ove 3 weeks ago now, at the same time I received other CCJ from different companies that have now responded and accepted my proposed monthly payment.

Do I have to do anything? Or just wait saving the payment I said I would pay?

Comment

The CCJ is being handling by MortimerClarke this is who I sent the N9A to following the instructions on the judgement letter.

This was well ove 3 weeks ago now, at the same time I received other CCJ from different companies that have now responded and accepted my proposed monthly payment.

Do I have to do anything? Or just wait saving the payment I said I would pay?
          Could you post up the court Judgment notice, redacting personal information only?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi sorry for not replying earlier My daughter is going through treatment for leukemia so things are bit stressful.

Anyway regarding this issue above I have today received a letter from the court stating the claimant objected to the offered rate and the court has decided the rate to pay.
            I original offered £10 pm as this was all I could pay after giving my expenses breakdown on the N9A form.
            They now want me to pay £143.53 pm? Something I just can't afford to do.

Now can they do this?
            Also the letter that came looks so dodgy compared to other letters that I have had (same week this CCJ came through so did 3 others)
            I can post a picture of the letter if needed

Many thanks

Comment

Hi sorry for not replying earlier My daughter is going through treatment for leukemia so things are bit stressful.

Anyway regarding this issue above I have today received a letter from the court stating the claimant objected to the offered rate and the court has decided the rate to pay.
              I original offered £10 pm as this was all I could pay after giving my expenses breakdown on the N9A form.
              They now want me to pay £143.53 pm? Something I just can't afford to do.

Now can they do this?
              Also the letter that came looks so dodgy compared to other letters that I have had (same week this CCJ came through so did 3 others)
              I can post a picture of the letter if needed
              Yes please. (Redact personal info).

Many thanks
              ####
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X