• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Order to amend claim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order to amend claim.

Looking for some advice please. I知 currently going through the small claims process and the business I知 taking to court has disputed their company name after service.

I have today received an N24 ordering that the name of the defendant is amended to the correct name and that re-service of the amended claim form is dispensed with.

Whilst I appreciate that this is a simple order, I want to make sure that I don稚 trip up with any processes in respect of the amendment of the original claim.

Does anyone have any advice about the best way of completing this order?
    Tags: None

I don't think that you need to do anything other than use the correct name on all future documents in the case.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Ahh right, so in effect the court will take care of amending the claim and redistributing it?

thanks for the help.

Comment

I have not seen the exact words of the order. It could be that all that is deemed to be done.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0649B1C-FF5A-4F46-9E6C-66D0C97D3D69.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1636521 So this is the redacted order - I知 not 100% sure if I知 expected to amend and re-service the claim?

(As you can probably tell, I知 not a solicitor or experienced in dealing with claims!)

Comment

Nothing further for you to do. Service is dispensed with. Just make sure to use the Defendant's correct name kin all further documents in the case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X