• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to adduce new information in court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adduce new information in court

I am the claimant currently in court and recently applied to the court for further disclosure from the defendants. My case was dismissed because the defendant signed a statement of truth that such documentation did not exist. I have now been able to seek alternative but legal means to obtain the documents and now want to present the evidences to the courts.
    Is this just a letter or do I have to fill an N244 form. The time frame is outside the deadline allocated to submit all evidences used in the case.
    Tags: None

ON what date was the case dismissed?
    County Court or High Court?
    On what date did you discover the documents?
    Did the other party state that the documents never existed or that it couldn't find following it's search?

Comment

It is never just a letter.

Please answer Efpom's questions.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Dear Efpom

Thank you for your questions
        here are my responses
        County Court
        25th January 2023
        The other party stated the documents never existed
        Kind regards

Comment

The first question - date the case was dismissed?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Dear Efpom
            Sorry missed your first question
            Case was dismissed on 20th January 2023
            County Court
            25th January 2023
            Other party stated the documents never existed

Kind regards

Comment

Were those alternative means of obtaining the documents available to you before the hearing?

Comment

Didn't think about that route. I basically formally asked for the information directly from the defendants. And the defendants response was the information does not exist. I knew it existed as the details were on the defendants computer system.

Comment

The tooth I am trying to pull is to ascertain whether before the hearing you could have obtained the documents by the means that you were able to use to get the stuff within less than a week after the hearing, and why you did not do that. This is the kind of question a judge will ask when being asked to allow you to adduce fresh evidence.

Comment

It just occurred to me - is this an ongoing case where you made an interlocutory application for disclosure of documents?

Comment

Yes it is an ongoing case

Comment

Trial date period is set between April and July

Comment

Surely this means that you can now disclose the documents as you have them.

Comment

You submit the documents as exhibits in a witness statement and in that witness statement mention that your opponent stated that the documents did not exist.

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice. Will do this asap

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X