• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Multiple CCJs in a week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple CCJs in a week

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with debt since pre-pandemic, if I'm honest we as a family have had a rough time since 2017.
    For the past 2 and a half years we have been dealing with my daughter being diagnosed with leukemia and her treatment, we are currently waiting for bone marrow results so as you can imagine it's a stressful time

Last weekend I received a CCJ through the post for a known debt and if I'm honest I could not face trying to defend it and just admitted the full amount and offered a monthly payment.

This week I have received 4 more through the door and I think more will come probably owe to around 9 lenders looking at my credit file most of these defaulted in 2018/2029

I don't know what to do I certainly don't have the strength to fight them.

Any advice greatly appreciated
    ​​​
    Tags: None

I am truly sorry about your daughter. This must be a very difficult time for you.

By the sound of it, you need help in formulating a plan for dealing with all your debt issues. Have you contacted debt advice agencies such as Citizens Advice or Stepchange?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I haven't contacted anybody for help just hasn't been a main priority, if I'm honest we have always struggled with debt and did contact one of the IVA companies well over 10 years ago and just found them to be rude and they really upset my wife at the time when going through our budget. They stated we was not allowed to add a cheap UK caravan holiday to our budget and just laughed at my wife. Can remember which place it was but really did put us off

Has something changed recently for them to be sending out the court letters so much?

Also if I have already agreed to one, what difference will adding more make? I have a mortgage and I know now I'm stuck with them but luckily they give me a new deal without any checks and I don't want any finance at all?

Comment

Avoid IVA peddlers like the plague!

Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X