• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Strict rule following

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strict rule following

LOL that was the best subject heading I could come up with.

Can anyone point me to the case law and/or other documentation on strict rule guidance? In other words, a company telling the Court they did not receive a claim in the post and how the Court has already ruled on this previously? i.e. it was accepted that Royal Mail did deliver the claim and the Court must strictly follow this assumption?
    Tags: None

Hello all. Anyone have some guidance on precedent/previous case law that accepts Royal mail definitely delivered whatever was served this way? As I said, other side claims mail was not received, and I want ot show the Judge that it is already widely accepted that this is not an acceptable excuse.

Comment

The legal advice is to always send important documents Royal Mail "Signed For". This way you can track the document on the RM website and view the date and signature when it arrives.
      This is doubly important while RM is having strike days which is delaying post.

Comment

As memory serves there are strict rules on whether a court will set aside an order when someone claims not to have received something mailed normal post via Royal Mail. I have seen that mentioned and discussed here before with links to the relevant case law but unfortunately cannot locate it now.

Anyone know where it was disccused?

Comment

Possibly something in these links may help?

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...53#post1630953

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...34#post1627634

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-deemed-served
          Last edited by Huxie; 27th January 2023, 17:19:PM.

Comment

Many thanks Huxie diamond!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X