• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Would this be considered Legal Aid Fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be considered Legal Aid Fraud

Hi just asking this question as it is running around my head. This happen back into 2018.

The Plaintiff made allegations of both civil and criminal harassment against me. She claimed that she felt harassed because I sent her a message on the 24th March 2018, another on the 4th May 2018 and while acting as a Litigant in Person, a Letter before claim dated 4th June 2018. She made a statement to the police on the 11th June 2018 and presented an affidavit to the County Court on the 18th June 2018.

Now taken as is, the statement and affidavit met the legal requirement for her harassment claim, however she failed to mention some very relevant matters. She failed to mention that she telephoned me 28 times during the period of alleged harassment, while I only phoned her once during this period. In these calls we discussed the alleged harassing messages and other matters. She also failed to mention to the police or the court, that we engaged in a sexualised video chat and telephone call during the alleged harassing period, both of which were instigated by her.

I was charged with criminal harassment but the case was withdrawn against me, on the morning of the hearing, when I presented the prosecution, with recordings and transcripts of the 28 calls. My accuser withdrew her Legal Aid Funded civil case against me

My question is, if my accuser omitted to mention in her Legal Aid application, the 28 telephone calls, or the fact that she masturbated over FB and the telephone to me, during the period of alleged harassment, would this be considered lying by omission or fraud in anyway? Do legal aid mind if you withhold relevant evidence from them?

Tags: None

move on with your life.

Comment

"Move on with your life" is one off reasons the legal system is in a terrible state. So nope

Comment

The case was dropped. It was 4 years ago. Why rake it all up again at this point? I don't think the issues in the legal system are about this but more about funding and staff cuts...

Comment

I am with HilaryDavies.

The inability to let things go is a characteristic justifying harassment orders.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
            "The case was dropped. It was 4 years ago. Why rake it all up again at this point? I don't think the issues in the legal system are about this but more about funding and staff cuts...
            Originally posted by dslippy View Post
            "The inability to let things go is a characteristic justifying harassment orders.
            I don't want to rake it all up again, however the plaintiff is suing me for a related matter and therefore it has been raised again. The plaintiff and another defendant have totally ignored the timescales, set out in the Rules of Judicature (NI) 1980. The plaintiff had 30 days to serve their statement (particulars) of claim but still had not served it after six months, forcing me to go to court for an Order. The other defendant should have serve their discovery list of documents in Oct 2020 but still haven't even after being instructed to do so by the court..

With regards to the harassment order, the Judge actually discharged (struck out) the Order halfway through the case, as he knew it was disingenuous. If you know anything about this type of case, it is extremely rare for an order to be discharged but as the Judge could see that the plaintiff was clearly dishonest, he agreed with me. The plaintiff claimed I harassed her, as laid out in my original message but forget to tell the County Court or Police that she instigated us masturbating with me over FB and the telephone, while supposedly feeling harassed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X