• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Fine

Hi,
    I received a parking fine letter from Highcliffe Limited stating I had ignored their previous notification of a parking fine.
    I hadn't received one.
    When I enquired about proof I was told that the photo proof with date and time had already been sent to me and could not be sent again. The next time i could see it would be if i went to court.
    The only time I have used this car park is for my work.
    I am a homeless outreach worker and we sometimes are notified of rough sleepers in this car park. I have been there several times and not found anyone. This would entail being in there for a few minutes.
    Around three years ago we did find people there so completed paper work, which would have taken under half an hour. It didn't cross my mind to buy a parking ticket.
    I did appeal, outlining my job and reasons for being there. Plus the fact that the car park has always been empty of cars so I would not have prevented anyone else parking.
    My appeal was rejected.
    Since then they have threatened me with court action. One of the letters was from the court asking for my side. I again explained I had not received any proof I was there and the only reason I would have (as above).

Yesterday I received a court date which will be by 'teams'.
    To be honest I am surprised that I am being taken to court, considering my reason for being there.
    I have only been there between 4am and 8am at the longest half an hour, there are no shops open so its obvious I'm not shopping.
    I sent my work badge as proof of my job.

They have advised me to send anything for my defence to the court and also the claimant but not given the claimants address.
    I can only reiterate my reasons and send a photo of my badge. Is there anything else I need? How do I find out where to send my defence?
    What should I do next?
    Bit lost
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Sorry, but while your reason for being there might raise sympathy, it cannot be a good reason for not paying a parking fee.

Comment

You have admitted being the driver and being there.
      The only defence left to you would be that at that time of night the signage was unlit and you did not see it.

Anything else would be mitigation, but doesn't exempt you from paying.
      If you are an outreach worker won't your employers pay your expenses?

Comment

Thanks guys ~ most annoying is that the owners of the car park were the people who asked us to go there.
        They couldn't help because it had gone beyond that point by the time I knew about it.

Frustrating that so many car parks use these companies as we go in them so often. The streets near are usually double yellows so pretty much between a rock and a hard place.

Anyway, came home to this today so someone somewhere had a heart. Happy day
        ​​​​​​​
        Attached Files
        P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
        life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
        Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Thank you for the update and well done.

Comment

I am quite surprised you had not involved your employers legal department (presume you work for local government) from the moment you were made aware. If the owners of the property requested you attend the car park, then the onus was on them to deal with the parking company. well done on the result and this is for information only.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X