• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower- Overdales claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower- Overdales claim form

Hi Everyone, I desperately need help with a claim form I received from Overdales on behalf of Lowell Portfolio. I am running out of time to send my defence and I have already completed the acknowledgment form on the 17/09/2022 and issue date for the claim is 30/08/2022.

Just to give you a background about the claim, I had a prepayment key for my electrify, which I have always topped up. I left the property in January 2019 but ended up receiving a bill of £5xx.xx from Npower. I wasn’t in the country at the time and it was passed onto Lowell, who hired Overdales as their solicitors. I didn’t have any communication with Lowell so I didn’t receive their letters at the time and I have a proof that I was out of the country for that period.

This is the only information it says on the claim form.
    Particulars of Claim:
    The claim is for the sum of £5xx.xx due by the defendant under npower account xxxxxxxxx The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreement. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 04-06-2021, notice which has been given to the defendant.

I couldn’t do much with that information, so I contacted overdales and they said, the debt is from September 2018 to January 2019. They have sent me a statement from Npower showing that I have topped up 25 times in that period, averaging around £140 a month for one bedroom house. I tried to explain to them the debt didn’t make sense as it is a prepayment meter and the maximum emergency use is £5, and this gets taken out automatically after the key is topped up. It is not for the daily rate and I asked them, is it possible this could be a debt from the past and not for the specified period but they me told me it is possible it could be from the past, but as far as they are aware, it is for the period of September 2018 to January 2019. I know it is not even from the past but I couldn’t get an answer for exact date the of the debt, and overdales didn’t have the terms of agreement they claimed I have failed to maintain. They told me to defend and I could write on the reply form, they didn’t provide the contractual terms of agreement.

I would appreciate anyone who can give me any advice on this as I am running out of time.
    Last edited by RiverM; 25th September 2022, 10:23:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X