• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from Hoist finance (Capital One Credit Card)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

a) No.6 under The Copy Agreement, if terms has been 'varied', they need to provide those terms. Go through the points in the FCA document.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html

b) You could consider filling in the Income and Expenditure form, a court will only ask you to pay what you can afford. If it's £1 a month so be it.

If you fill in the I & E form, make sure you make 'huge' allowances for energy bills, if you aren't on a fixed tariff.

You could take the matter to Mediation and see how things go. Get the amount owed reduced.

Celestine
    I received my SAR request from Capital One. Is there something specific I should be looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post

I received my SAR request from Capital One. Is there something specific I should be looking for?
      Look through all of it several times, see if anything stands out. Particularly (a) in post 16.

Comment

a) No.6 under The Copy Agreement, if terms has been 'varied', they need to provide those terms. Go through the points in the FCA document.

b) You could consider filling in the Income and Expenditure form, a court will only ask you to pay what you can afford. If it's £1 a month so be it.

If you fill in the I & E form, make sure you make 'huge' allowances for energy bills, if you aren't on a fixed tariff.

You could take the matter to Mediation and see how things go. Get the amount owed reduced.

Celestine
        Hi, I think I've made a mistake. I agreed to pay £1 a month towards the debt through the solicitors and they sent me a Tomlin order which I signed without looking at the terms. Can I stop the tomlin order? I don't think it has been lodged yet as I received a Notice of Proposed allocation to the small claims track.

I should have checked here before signing it! The six-year statute of limitations runs out on the 22nd of September and I should have held out. What can I do now? Should I mention it in the proposed allocation form?

Comment

The case referred to in their letter may indeed make a difference. It appears to turn on the particular wording of the clause there involved. I will post a better analysis later, but the judgment is available at:

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2019/12.html

Comment

You should of waited, simply because of this - a) No.6 under The Copy Agreement, if terms has been 'varied', they need to provide those terms. Go through the points in the FCA document.

E.G. If the interest rate was 23.7% in 07/18 and goes upto 30.7 in 08/19 then it's been 'varied', they need to provide documentation to show it's been 'varied'.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
              The case referred to in their letter may indeed make a difference. It appears to turn on the particular wording of the clause there involved. I will post a better analysis later, but the judgment is available at:

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2019/12.html
              I don't understand what I need to do now?

Comment

You should of waited, simply because of this - a) No.6 under The Copy Agreement, if terms has been 'varied', they need to provide those terms. Go through the points in the FCA document.

E.G. If the interest rate was 23.7% in 07/18 and goes upto 30.7 in 08/19 then it's been 'varied', they need to provide documentation to show it's been 'varied'.
                so is there anything i can do? I don't understand any of this...

Comment

so is there anything i can do? I don't understand any of this...
                  Email them, tell them that you want to put the Tomlin Order on hold for 14 days and seek further advice.

Just bear in mind that you might be no better off, then the the Tomlin Order.

Also I believe it's too late for it to be statute barred.

Comment

Email them, tell them that you want to put the Tomlin Order on hold for 14 days and seek further advice.

Just bear in mind that you might be no better off, then the the Tomlin Order.

Also I believe it's too late for it to be statute barred.
                    As it stands, they've agreed to £1 a month but I'm not sure if the Tomlin order has been sent to the court as I didn't receive a signed copy from them, I also received a letter saying they were going ahead with the court case after we had agreed on the Tomlin order. When I queried it, they said it was a formalitty.

Also, I've been sent a small claims directions questionnaire that I need to return by next week but not sure what I should say.

Is there a way of returning the questionnaire online? It's called Form N180, and I also have to file it.

Comment

As it stands, they've agreed to £1 a month but I'm not sure if the Tomlin order has been sent to the court as I didn't receive a signed copy from them, I also received a letter saying they were going ahead with the court case after we had agreed on the Tomlin order. When I queried it, they said it was a formalitty.

Also, I've been sent a small claims directions questionnaire that I need to return by next week but not sure what I should say.

Is there a way of returning the questionnaire online? It's called Form N180, and I also have to file it.
                      You need to be clear on all this.

a) As it stands, they've agreed to £1 a month but I'm not sure if the Tomlin order has been sent to the court as I didn't receive a signed copy from them,

Tell them and the Court you haven't received a copy of the Tomlin Order. No doubt you will receive that once
                      the Court agrees to it

b) I also received a letter saying they were going ahead with the court case after we had agreed on the Tomlin order. When I queried it, they said it was a formalitty.

That is correct, the Court has to agree to the Tomlin Order.

c) Also, I've been sent a small claims directions questionnaire that I need to return by next week but not sure what I should say.

You should fill it in and send it back, but if the Tomlin Order takes effect, filling it and sending it back becomes meaningless. You've agreed to a payment of £1 a month, so you are no worse off. Don't stop paying the £1 or they can go back to Court.

d) Is there a way of returning the questionnaire online? It's called Form N180, and I also have to file it.

You can email it to the Court, in the subject line write Directions Questionnaire - Case No. XXXXXXX - XXXXXXX v XXXXXXXXXX. Fill in XXXXXXXXX

Comment

You need to be clear on all this.

a) As it stands, they've agreed to £1 a month but I'm not sure if the Tomlin order has been sent to the court as I didn't receive a signed copy from them,

Tell them and the Court you haven't received a copy of the Tomlin Order. No doubt you will receive that once
                        the Court agrees to it

b) I also received a letter saying they were going ahead with the court case after we had agreed on the Tomlin order. When I queried it, they said it was a formalitty.

That is correct, the Court has to agree to the Tomlin Order.

c) Also, I've been sent a small claims directions questionnaire that I need to return by next week but not sure what I should say.

You should fill it in and send it back, but if the Tomlin Order takes effect, filling it and sending it back becomes meaningless. You've agreed to a payment of £1 a month, so you are no worse off. Don't stop paying the £1 or they can go back to Court.

d) Is there a way of returning the questionnaire online? It's called Form N180, and I also have to file it.

You can email it to the Court, in the subject line write Directions Questionnaire - Case No. XXXXXXX - XXXXXXX v XXXXXXXXXX. Fill in XXXXXXXXX
                        Great, thank you. There is no email address on the form for the county court business centre - do you have it?

How do I tell the court I haven't received a copy of the Tomlin Order?

Also, how do I respond to question D - Do you consider this claim suitable for determination without a hearing?

Comment

a) Great, thank you. There is no email address on the form for the county court business centre - do you have it?

ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk

b) How do I tell the court I haven't received a copy of the Tomlin Order?

You can write it on the Directions Questionnaire. (Bear in mind, not doubt their solicitors will send you a copy, once the Court agrees to the Tomlin Order).

c) Also, how do I respond to question D - Do you consider this claim suitable for determination without a hearing?

As you're happy with the resolution, i.e. the Tomlin Order, £1 per month, I would say yes.

Comment

a) Great, thank you. There is no email address on the form for the county court business centre - do you have it?

ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk

b) How do I tell the court I haven't received a copy of the Tomlin Order?

You can write it on the Directions Questionnaire. (Bear in mind, not doubt their solicitors will send you a copy, once the Court agrees to the Tomlin Order).

c) Also, how do I respond to question D - Do you consider this claim suitable for determination without a hearing?

As you're happy with the resolution, i.e. the Tomlin Order, £1 per month, I would say yes.
                            where on the directions form do I write it?

I also noticed they increased the amount owed from £2,297 to £2, 597 in the Tomlin Order...

Comment

where on the directions form do I write it?

I also noticed they increased the amount owed from £2,297 to £2, 597 in the Tomlin Order...
                              a) where on the directions form do I write it?

Write it in Section D

b) I also noticed they increased the amount owed from £2,297 to £2, 597 in the Tomlin Order

When you signed the Tomlin Order, did you not notice? They've probably added Court costs. Contact them, ask for a breakdown and why they have added £300.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X