• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from CCBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form from CCBC

Hi all,

I have received a claim form from County Court Business Centre for an alleged parking fine issued on 18.12.2016 in Lee Valley Ice Centre. I have received a couple of letters from DCB a few months ago but ignored them as I don't remember to have been issued with a PCN. I've always payed a PCN within 10 days. I have not seen any evidence of the alleged fine.

​​​​​​Any advice if I can get out of paying this? Since 2016 I have changed house three times and sold the car a couple years ago.

Date on the letter is 10 Jan 2022
    Tags: None

The only way out of this is to provide a winning defence to the court. Acknowledge the claim online using the details and password on the form. This give you 33 days from the date of issue of the form to get your defence to the court. Ignore this and you you get a default judgement against you.

How cn anyone help if there is no information?

SAR to the parking company to get all the info they have about you. They have 30 days to comply, which is too late for the defence but may help the witness statment.

CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor requesting ll the documents that they intend to use in court: PCN, Signs etc

Templates in the shortcuts panel on this page.

Comment

Dear Ostell,

Thank you for your reply. I have acknowledged the claim today and now filling the two forms. See below Particulars of claim and attached SAR and CPR 31.14 as I have edit them to be sent. Any help in redacting them will be appreciated. I have never agreed to pay anything as stated in paragraph 4 as I didn't know about this PCN until May last year from a letter sent by DCB legal that I believed it is a scam...

1.Thew Defendant (D) is indebited to the Claimant (C) for a parking Charge (s) issued to vehicle xxxxxxx at Lee Valley Ice Centre
      2, The PCN details are 18/12/2016 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
      3.The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned and managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs ( the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s)
      4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages.
      AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
      1. £150 being the total of PCN(s) and damages
      2. interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgement or sooner payment
      3.Costs and court fees

The claimant believes that facts stated in this claim form are true and I am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement

Signed Yasmin Mia
      Attached Files

Comment

You've sent the letter to the wrong people. SAR to the parking compnay CPR to the solicitor.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I haven't sent the letters yet. Just edit them. Clearly I've never done this before. Again. Thank you. I will swap the destination on letters.

Comment

Hi. The letters have been received by both parties on 25.01.22 .but I have not received any answers yet. Any advice on the next steps.? The claim was issued on 10.01.22 and I have acknowledged on 20.01.22.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X