• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New CCJ *Advice Required*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CCJ *Advice Required*

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well in this uncertain times. My name is Matt and I have an issue with a CCJ. I am dyslexic so please forgive any errors or mistakes I may make. I am also not at all familiar with court processes and similar. I am in absolute dire need of some help amn advice. I will outline the problem initially and ask questions if that’s okay. Please be kind I know I may have misunderstood, but I am in a really bad way with my mental health also not to chime on.

I have tried my best to understand the position I am in but really I am not sure what to do, and how to act I am basically paralysed with fear.

I have received a judgement in default letter from Northampton Court. Dated 3rd December, 2 days ago. I have tried to understand the process and steps I need to take. The issue is I have a part time job at a bank (not with numbers obviously) and if this CCJ remains I’ll lose my job.

So I’ve been trying to understand if I can apply to have this set aside as I did not have a good chance to defend as I wasn’t aware of this. All I had was the letter before action (I think) from the creditor who which I replied with a survey.

It is for a credit card which I defaulted on 2016/17. So my main question is can I apply to set it aside, do I I have time to do this? If I do apply to set aside and it’s failed. Can o still pay within 30 days or is it if I apply to set aside I lose that. I don’t have the money but it’s that important I’d lend it from anyone. I have poor credit for my distant pass but as I had no CCJ my employer took me on. But we must not have CCJs or we must be sacked.

I am so bad at writing and I’m a lot better on the phone or in person or responding to questions that writing statements.

I think I have a defence because of a number of things. I have tried to research but I may be very wrong. If someone could help me I could help them in any way I could

1) I didn’t know about the claim (but how can I prove this)
    2) at the time of the credit card balance build up and default I was in a abusive relationship and this person used my card
    3) I had payment protection on the card which I paid for and I lost my job and payments weren’t made after I lost my previous job
    4) I don’t know if the company has a signed copy of the agreements
    5) It is very detrimental to my job and well-being if this is there
    6) the company leant me more than I could pay back and I had a lot of credit cards

honestly I am lost and pretty afraid. Can anyone help at all. I have a few mental health problems and this is making it all worse. This is not said for sympathy, just as an explanation as to why I may not Ben as smart as others on here or able to cope

thank you Matt

Tags: None

The simple answer is: If the CCJ is paid within 28 days of the date on the CCJ it will not appear on your credit file and will not affect your credit worthiness. However after 28 days the CCJ will hit your credit file and remain there for six years. If within the six years it is then paid it will still remain on your file as Satisfied for six years.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I understand this point. Where I am confused is if I apply to have the CCJ set to one side. If it’s rejected so I get 30 days to pay it.

essentially what I think I’m asking is, if I apply for it to be set to one side am I waiving the 100% chance to have it removed compared to if I wait and see what the judge says.

Comment

The time limit for payment without it affecting your credit file is 28 days this will not extend no matter what you do. Any application for a set aside will take you over the 28 days. Setting aside a CCJ will not stop the process.

Comment

Ok thank you. So I guess for certainty I need to find the money.

Comment

Or do you think I should try to apply to set aside?

Comment

Thats for you to decide I cannot offer an opinion.

Comment

If NOT getting a CCJ is the goal and avoiding it appearing on your file, then payment within 30 days is the only safe way.
                To set aside a CCJ, you could do so on the basis you did not receive it, but you'd also need to prove you could have defended it? This would mean proving the debt that defaulted in 2017/18 is unenforceable; which could be a long hard fight.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X