• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Breach of Contract options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in completing N1
    As a LiP I was intending to add that info to the Ni form brief summuary section. Is that the proper place?
    Should I separately notify the defendants solicitor or will they obtain via the court?

Comment

Have you written back to the Defendants solicitor? Have you done the correct pre-action notification? Now they are represented it would be wise to explore options with their solicitor because although their legal letter sounds aggressive it is also an opportunity to sort this out in a more sensible and calm manner. Presumably their solicitor is less sensitive and alarmist than they are being…one would hope!
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Now back to grappling with this haressment claim after being hospilalized due to stress after recieving letter of claim.

I have found a couple of defences against harrassment: Compliance with law or enactment

Reasonable conduct

Can I claim that my emails were sent to fulfil the requirements stated in CPR pre-trial protocol?

For example form N180 states: 'Under the Civil Procedure Rules parties should make every effort to settle their case. At this stage you should still think about whether you and the other party(ies) can settle your dispute without going to a hearing.

You may seek to settle the claim either by direct discussion or negotiation with the other party or by mediation. '

Or , that my polite,factual, businesslike emails are reasonable conduct.

For example the first one suggesting meditation was:

'..... and it has been suggested that ADR or Mediation should be undertaken as a first step.

This promises a quicker and cheaper resolution of our dispute with the added advantage if an online mediation service is chosen (preferably Zoom based as being the least disruptive) giving less interruption to your new business venture.

Please let me know if that approach is acceptable to you.

Yours sincerely
        '

Other emails, althouigh longer, are in a similar vein.

No different to a Counci Tax bill or a demand from HMRC. Not particulary welcome but part of life.

Comment

I would t get too distracted by the harassment allegations. It’s intended to deter you from contact and you can pay any solicitor £250 to send such a letter even if the communication was reasonable.
          On the plus note, now they have instructed solicitors it gives you a nice simple route of communication to get your primary dispute settled.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine for that re-assuring post. I must admit that receiving that harassment claim really upset me.

Can I counterclaim either the solicitors and/or their clients for harassment/malicious communication or anything else for sending such a trumped up claim?

Comment

Finally got my claim issued after several attempts. Initially sent the claim form to the local court as wanted SP but was directed to use Salford as all Part 7 claims are initially handled there.

My copy of the Notice of Issue (specified amount) seems only to deal with payments.

Is this form always used to initiate proceedings regardless of the relief requested?

Comment

After some correspondence with the local county court and Salford I got my claim accepted. Now, not entirely un-excpectedly the defendants are applying to have the case struck off. Their solicitors have sent me a letter giving their reasons why my claim will fail and inviting me to amend my claim which I am not going to do.

However, I have a question about procedure. Do I get the opportunity to rebut their allegations so allowing my case to precede

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X