• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence on MCOL? Or send the defence to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence on MCOL? Or send the defence to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk

Hi there,

I am newbie. Got a court claim form regards to a PCN received 3 years ago when I overstayed about 15 minutes at a local Tesco, appealed that the penalty charge £85 is vague and small, also I was on international trip when the discounted PCN reached my house, with flight tickets proved my absence, appealed the Highview Parking company to allow me to pay the discounted PCN( if paid within 14 days of first PCN). Parking company replied saying signs are clear and not responding anything else, and kept sending inflated chasing posts, until I got the court claim last week.

Thanks to MSE forum regards to similar cases made me believe I could defend myself, using the Beavis case 2015. I registered my AOS( Acknowledgment of Service) on MCOL, however when I try to put my defence on the defence part of MOCL, it indicated that not enough space for me to paste all my defence on it's respective page. Really dont want to submit an incomplete defence, found on other forum saying the defence can be sent to an email address CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk as attached, is this still valid now?

Also, what I learnt is, I could defend myself, even after the hearing and I lose the case, I will not lose anything more than what's on the current court claim form, and if I accept to pay before deadline after my defence failed, the CCJ wont be on public registry and my credit wont be impacted, is that correct?

Many thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
    Tags: None

Hi UNCLEDRAGON

I can confirm the following is the correct email address - ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk
    The online MCOL has a character limit so can not accommodate lengthy defences.

It might be an idea to wait for ostell to take a look and advise.

Comment

Send as a PDF attachment to email. Subject the claim number then defence

Have you queried the excess charges in your defence? https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

If you lose and pay within 30 days there will be no impact on your credit files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X