• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small Claims Court - CCJ issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact the court in case the sending of your copy has been missed

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Contact the court in case the sending of your copy has been missed
      Yes I need to, I thought I'd wait a few more days but still nothing in the post for me, so I do not know if the builder has received the CCJ in the post either

Comment

Hello all,

The guy has filled for liquidation and is paying the insolvency firm 3.5k plus VAT!!

Why not just pay me that amount, so annoying!!

I doubt I get anything back now, as he claims his van is personal and not owned by his business, even though he is still driving around with his company name all over it.

Comment

So you've given your name and claim to the insolvency firm?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            So you've given your name and claim to the insolvency firm?
            They wrote to me directly telling me they have been appointed so the builder must have passed all my details on to them, and the Liquidators mentioned this in the long letter:

Those creditors who have not already submitted a claim are requested to send details to me at the above address. A claim form in enclosed which should be completed and returned as soon as possible. If you contend that you have any form of security or reservation of title over goods supplied in respect of any amount owed to you by the Company, please contact this office in writing immediately.

There fees are £3,500 plus VAT they also mention this, which I do not understand:

That the Liquidator be remunerated on a fixed fee basis of £25,000 plus VAT and that he be authorised to draw remuneration on account at regular intervals to be determined by the Liquidator as and when funds permit.

What is the 25k for?

With them taking £3,500 plus VAT just for there fees, I cannot see what I will get, considering I am owed around 10k. Is it fair he appointed to be liquated and pays a company even though my sum was something that ought to be paid first, of course I understand why, I just do not think its fair.

Comment

Hello all
              The insolvency company claim it is unlikely that I will get anything as they claim there are no assets in the limited company. The builder has claimed even the van is his and not the companies.

The builder has taken £££s from me to his personal bank account while he was doing my house, records of which I of course have, yet seems like he is getting away with my money, by liquidating his company and not having to pay me a penny. Is there nothing I can do?

Comment

R0b Can please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Possibly a charge on his property, seem to remember a friend had a Garnishee order placed on him that froze his Bank account not sure if and what this amounts to ?.

Comment

I am not sure what was meant by charge on his property - I believe he is renting.

He owes me £10,455 I am not looking to claim interest, only what is due to me.

I am stuck as the insolvency firm claim I won't get anything. I have already complained about him (the director/builder) to HMRC, for taking business payments to personal accounts on multiple occasions, most likely avoiding corporation tax, but that of course does not get me my money back, even if I got half I would be content due to how unlikely the situation has become that I get a single penny,

Comment

charge on property only if they own property not renting

Comment

Am I right in saying that I have nothing to do and the insolvency firm will deal with closing the company as it has already claimed there are no assets in the company to sell off?
                        Is it really that easy for companies to take peoples hard earned money by just closing/liquidating there company and not declaring any assets?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X