• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydensfairfax letters claiming CCJ and Charge Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydensfairfax letters claiming CCJ and Charge Order

Hi All

Over the last 6 months or so I've received several letters from Drydensfairfax. The initial letters claimed they were in possession of a CCJ awarded in mid 2019 and chasing payment for a "mortgage style" student loan from the mid 90s. I was unaware of any CCJs issued against me and checking the usual CRAs revealed nothing. Satisfied it was a phishing attempt I ignored it.

Very recently I received another letter from Drydens supposedly containing copies of an "interim charging order" awarded against my home. Concerned by this I ran a searches of the CCJ register on the official site against my last 2 addresses, which cover my residences for the last 7 years. No CCJ's were shown. I have also obtained a copy of the title for my property from the Land Registry, which at the time of writing shows only my mortgage company having a charge order registered.

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on here. I'm happy to pay the money if it is actually owed, and not statute barred, but I'm unable to verify any of Drydens information, or even match their account numbers against the records I have from the time. Apparently DrydensFairfax have a history of sending out fake CCJ and CO claim letters also, so I'd like to verify everything they claim, before I pay anything, but it's proving difficult

Is there any way to contact the court and confirm the interim charging order is genuine? I've had advice to ignore this latest letter as I can't verify the CCJ actually exists, and if the CCJ doesn't exist then the CO must be fake.

Should I contact Drydens asking for proof of debt, proof of CCJ and proof that the debt isn't statute barred

Any advice on what I should do next is welcome

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi PSYCORP101

Some info so you can check what's what - https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judg...-credit-rating

Search the register of judgments

You can search for details of any judgments against you on the register of judgments.

You ll have to pay a small fee - each search costs between £6 and £10.

If the information on the register is wrong, contact Trust Online, who will check the details with the court:

Trust Online
    020 7380 0133
    info@trustonline.org.uk
    Find out about call charges

Trust Online
    153-157 Cleveland Street
    London
    W1T 6QW

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi PSYCORP101

Some info so you can check what's what - https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judg...-credit-rating

Search the register of judgments

You can search for details of any judgments against you on the register of judgments.

You ll have to pay a small fee - each search costs between £6 and £10.

If the information on the register is wrong, contact Trust Online, who will check the details with the court:

Trust Online
      020 7380 0133
      info@trustonline.org.uk
      Find out about call charges

Trust Online
      153-157 Cleveland Street
      London
      W1T 6QW

Hi ECHAT11

Thanks for your reply.

I have already performed full searches with TrustOnline, which cover my addresses for the last 7 years. Nothing was found.

This is partly why I am unsure how to proceed.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by psycorp101 View Post

Hi ECHAT11

Thanks for your reply.

I have already performed full searches with TrustOnline, which cover my addresses for the last 7 years. Nothing was found.

This is partly why I am unsure how to proceed.

Thanks

Contact the Court, do it via email (ask them to check for CCJ's), give them as much detail as possible so they can check.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Contact the Court, do it via email (ask them to check for CCJ's), give them as much detail as possible so they can check.
          I will do that, thank you.

Comment

I suppose the question is, is there an outstanding sum on your student loan? That is not an accusation but the first step in trying to establish if they even have the right person.

If there is, when did you last pay it and did you search at the address where you were then

You may find that the land registry - like everything else in this godforsaken dump of a country is running behind and will blame Covid- even Wetherspoons are running out of beer due to Covid and Brexit - Turkeys voting for Christmas me thinks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X