• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell’s Constant Court Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell’s Constant Court Claims

Hello

In 2018 I became aware that my identity was stolen after I started getting letters from various companies (insurance, telecoms, etc) saying my first direct debit had bounced. It was clear the bank account numbers given in the letters were not mine.

The letters eventually dropped off and I just left it alone. Now in 2021 I am constantly being hounded by Lowell issuing county court claims for these fraudulent debts which were not mine. At first it was ok because they were coming through to my current address, I was able to just defend them and of course once a judges directions arrived, Lowell would issue a notice of discontinuance.

Now they’ve started issuing claims from my old address and of course I’m not receiving these, a judgement by default gets issued and now I’m left to make an application to have the judgement struck out.

I wouldn’t mind but it’s now costing me £255 to make an application to strike out these claims each time!

How the heck do I get these guys to stop? I’ve proven time and time again in past defences that my identity was stolen and these were not my debts but it just seems like Lowell keep issuing these claims!

It’s bad enough they’ve hammered my credit rating too, I just wish there was something I can do to bar them from issuing any further claims.

They won’t discuss any of the accounts with me because they say “if I didn’t take out the debts, they cannot discuss the account with me for GDPR reasons”.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Hi Hertingford

It's come to a stage where it's classed as 'harassment'.

They aren't listening so lodge a complaint with the Financial Service Ombudsman, write out a full summary with dates, how it all started, explain that you've asked them to stop, they won't stop, it's costing you money etc. Explain that you want to be compensated for stress and anxiety and all the money you've paid in court fees plus interest.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

You can also complain to the CSA -

https://www.csa-uk.com/

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if I have to lodge a formal complaint directly with Lowell before escalating to the Financial Ombudsman Service?

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hertingford View Post
        Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if I have to lodge a formal complaint directly with Lowell before escalating to the Financial Ombudsman Service?

Many Thanks
        You can do (https://www.lowell.co.uk/complaints-procedure/), the thing is if they've issued a Court Claim, you've defended it and won. Then they keep issuing further Court Claims, you are having to defend them, the courts time is being wasted. They clearly aren't listening to you or the court (Judges). it's an abuse of the courts. I personally would just lodge a complaint with the FOS, the matter might get some attention then. If you want follow the protocols, then complain to Lowell's.

Comment

no complaint to lowells (if you did then you would say in defence you have outstanding complain (months they can take to reply)., judge may say delay as complaint, then lowells issue a final response then it can take ages before FOS see it to deal with., a judge would if greed to wait the complaint set a usual 6-8 weeks to retrial? not years later! lowell want you to panic/ and make mistakes follow what on here usually good advice,

Comment

read around the site and get the to know how lowells operate. see other threads

Comment

Ask the Court to issue a Civil Restraint order https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...t03/pd_part03c
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X