• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received Lowell (paypal). Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received Lowell (paypal). Help needed

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES

Issue Date:06/08/2021

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:Yes

Total Amount Claimed : £3xxx

Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Solicitors Firm: Overdales solicitors

Original Creditor: Paypal

Particulars of Claim:
    The claim is for the sum of £xxx due by the Defendant under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a Paypal account with an account reference of xxxxx.
    The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default Notice was served under s.87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which has not been complied with.
    The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 29-01-20, notice of which has been given to the defendant.
    S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of the 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceeding in the sum of £ xxx.
    The Claimant claims the sum of £xxx.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
    No.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):NO.

Any Other Information or Background Details:
    1. selling items on ebay and the oversea buyer sumbit claim items not received, i send proof of the delivery but paypal still decide in buyer favour to refund the money.

Any idea what i need to do now and i need help/advice for my defence.

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi Gabbi

Did you Appeal PayPal's Decision to refund the Buyer?

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/file...eal-64303.html (posted article for info only)

Comment

paypal closed my account and can't login to see what exactly the debt from. i just guessing from the claim by that amount.
      So i don't know how to draft my defence without information.

Comment

Send them a SAR, they have 30 days to provide you with all the data on your account. Email to PayPal's Data Protection Team.

You will then have information to file your defence.

Did you Appeal PayPal's decision? If not why not?

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Thanks echat11 .
          I will send them SAR tomorrow, but i need to sumbit my defence soon ( less than 28 days).
          I called the paypal this morning, but they told me the debt was legally assigned to Lowell now, so nothing they can do.

Comment

Any other thing i need to request now? or just SAR? Thanks

Comment

Why did PayPal close your account? What reason did they give?

Comment

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses. ( because I'm not agree the refund and my account not have enough funds to cover it)

Comment

It might be an idea to write out you Defence - use the template as guidance.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

What postage did you use to send the item to the buyer?

Comment

Can i email Overdales solicitor to ask where the debt from? i think the bigger problem is i can't login to my paypal to check all the transaction history right now. I just guessing the debt from the refund transaction
                    I using parcel force international sign for service in 2018.
                    Thanks echat11

Comment

also about CCA request, do i need enclose a payment of £1.00? i don't have a cheque book,how can i send £1?
                      Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Gabbi View Post
                        Can i email Overdales solicitor to ask where the debt from? i think the bigger problem is i can't login to my paypal to check all the transaction history right now. I just guessing the debt from the refund transaction
                        I using parcel force international sign for service in 2018.
                        Thanks echat11
                        Send the following to Overdales, their address will be on the Court Claim Form, send it Recorded Delivery. They will send you all the documents they rely on in bringing the case.

List any other documents you need to defend your case, i.e. summary of all transactions over the last 6 years, all account notes over the last 6 years, all emails relating to the account over the last 6 years, CCA Request etc.

You can get a Postal Order and send that.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Comment

Originally posted by Gabbi View Post
                          also about CCA request, do i need enclose a payment of £1.00? i don't have a cheque book,how can i send £1?
                          Thanks again
                          All you need to do is what it says in post 12.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

All you need to do is what it says in post 12.
                            Thanks all the advice, will do it now and hopefully will get more details soo,.

Comment

update: still waiting request document by OVERDALES SOLICITORS.
                              Any idea when the deadline to submit my defence? Issue Date:06/08/2021
                              Thanks echat11

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X