• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ money shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ money shop

So I was told not to pay the outstanding balance as they owed me some money back then a CCJ appeared. I’ve had an email to say they’ve marked it as satisfied and I can get it removed if I contest it as they won’t challenge it. Is it the N244 I complete but that’s saying it costs £255. The court isn’t being very helpful and I can’t actually speak to anyone! How do I get this sorted?
    Tags: None

Hi NEWBIEMEWBIE

You shouldn't be paying for the N244 as it was registered incorrectly against you ('I was told not to pay the outstanding balance as they owed me some money back then a CCJ appeared').

Send them a SAR, they have 30 days to send you all the data they have on your account (this will give you more information).

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Write to them (Money Shop), tell them as it's their error, they will need to pay for the N244, Tell them if they won't pay the fee, you want their final response / deadlock letter, then you will lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Do everything in writing.
    Last edited by echat11; 15th August 2021, 10:49:AM.

Comment

CCJs don't just "appear".
      Did you not receive the claim?
      If not, why not, or did you just ignore the court papers?

Comment

I don’t remember receiving any court papers. I received a refund from them but still had to pay a small amount to close the claim to BW legal. They advised me it will be updated to show satisfied but if I want it removing completely I just have to contest it. I just don’t know how to.

Comment

that is is CCJ issued now satisfied will stay that way! for the period of time. get use to it, after a couple years it is ignored subject to no more adverse entries.

Comment

Originally posted by newbienewbie View Post
            I don’t remember receiving any court papers. I received a refund from them but still had to pay a small amount to close the claim to BW legal. They advised me it will be updated to show satisfied but if I want it removing completely I just have to contest it. I just don’t know how to.
            not receive papers? yet small amount to close claim to BM?????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X